Forget it ... closed out everything.  Going nowhere.

Indices hardly moving after NFP came in well below estimates.

26 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Forget it ... closed out everything.  Going nowhere.

Indices hardly moving after NFP came in well below estimates.

yes, amazing. the market has failed to crash and burn on a massive 15k miss on the 160k target. must be down to overall bullish strength then.

• Great! 1

1 minute ago, Caseynotes said:

yes, amazing. the market has failed to crash and burn on a massive 15k miss on the 160k target. must be down to overall bullish strength then.

I'm not looking for a crash, I'm looking for some movement (either way)! :D

Just now, dmedin said:

I'm not looking for a crash, I'm looking for some movement (either way)! :D

yes but a slightly negative report on a bullish market isn't going to cause fireworks, will be interesting though to see how things go into the end of week close, will there be profit taking or adding in? 

• Like 1
  • Great! 1

yes but a slightly negative report on a bullish market isn't going to cause fireworks, will be interesting though to see how things go into the end of week close, will there be profit taking or adding in? 

I d say , we ve had a p/back to support on Sp at 3273, leg higher to highs then Woshh   down we go ......Apple holding market up at $310 , once its finished , sayanara !! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cheviot said:

I d say , we ve had a p/back to support on Sp at 3273, leg higher to highs then Woshh   down we go ......Apple holding market up at $310 , once its finished , sayanara !! 

could be, you mean a leg higher on the US open then a drop down into the US close?

could be, you mean a leg higher on the US open then a drop down into the US close?

Yes....Leg higher is building just now...helped by bond market going bid......I d say a push to the o/night highs then lower......Still aiming at Dow 29084 ....But that will be wave 5 and top of Fib extension.....

• Like 1

I do buy indx sometimes.....I bought FTSE 100 at 7629 at 7 this morning as hedge against my SP short , then i dumped it at 7630 for a point profit.....You bulls would have been proud of me...

• Great! 1

Made a bouncy-bouncy off resistance-****-support 😻

666926870_WallStreet_20200110_15_06.thumb.png.fdaa0986a41879767e107152d2a6aa7c.png

Edited by dmedin
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, cheviot said:

I do buy indx sometimes.....I bought FTSE 100 at 7629 at 7 this morning as hedge against my SP short , then i dumped it at 7630 for a point profit.....You bulls would have been proud of me...

well in today's market yeah, not much to write home about on that chart;

image.thumb.png.542f7ecaa4e4baf3f5dfae449d170464.png

• Like 1

Donald J. Trump  @realDonaldTrump

18m

“11,000 points gained in the Dow in the 3 years since the Election of President Trump. Today it may hit 29,000. That has NEVER happened before in that time frame. That has added 12.8 Trillion Dollars to the VALUE of American Business.” @Varneyco @FoxNews The best is yet to come!

everyone's waving 'Dow 30,000' hats! I want one😉

image.png.d2edd07ac9e5c8740da27b03d2720d86.png

• Like 1
  • Great! 1

A wee bit action starting now, Samwise Gamgee :D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dmedin said:

A wee bit action starting now, Samwise Gamgee :D

If you wanted a bit of action the long bond has had a 300 point whip saw day already  😂

• Great! 1

Bears tummies getting rumbly ....yum yum....The bears are back in town again 🐻

2 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

Donald J. Trump  @realDonaldTrump

18m

“11,000 points gained in the Dow in the 3 years since the Election of President Trump. Today it may hit 29,000. That has NEVER happened before in that time frame. That has added 12.8 Trillion Dollars to the VALUE of American Business.” @Varneyco @FoxNews The best is yet to come!

everyone's waving 'Dow 30,000' hats! I want one😉

image.png.d2edd07ac9e5c8740da27b03d2720d86.png

But he lags the democrats😁

"'Trump’s stock market rally is very good, but still lags Obama and Clinton"

"The Dow Jones industrial average has gained about 45 percent since Trump was sworn in nearly three years ago. The Dow was up about 53 percent at this point in Obama’s presidency and a whopping 57 percent in Clinton’s early years in office."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/12/28/trumps-stock-market-rally-is-very-good-still-lags-obama-clinton/

• Like 1

Corporate Democrats and the Republicans are merely two cheeks of the **** :)

Hoping for a day-close above 29000 haha

Edited by dmedin

Dow high of the day 29055 new all time high. Same for S&P. S&P retail positioning (bottom chart) and the crowd massively short as they have been all year, obviously all contrarians have been long all year, may all you bears  continue to keep buying short contracts and keep this bull rolling. 😂

image.thumb.png.893787d15a67739ea6450ea320685ead.png

image.thumb.png.09ca755ff6b38d3a2531212d405ed66b.png

image.png.cdf0973b4364fe81134ee73d51573d45.png

1 hour ago, Kodiak said:

But he lags the democrats😁

"'Trump’s stock market rally is very good, but still lags Obama and Clinton"

"The Dow Jones industrial average has gained about 45 percent since Trump was sworn in nearly three years ago. The Dow was up about 53 percent at this point in Obama’s presidency and a whopping 57 percent in Clinton’s early years in office."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/12/28/trumps-stock-market-rally-is-very-good-still-lags-obama-clinton/

great, so this is just an average run then and bound to continue for at least another few years. 🥳

• Great! 1

13 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

great, so this is just an average run then and bound to continue for at least another few years. 🥳

Probably, 

Dont forget to use a wide stop😉

"To summarize: while the range of returns across 1-year periods have varied from negative 37.0% to +53.2%, the annualized returns across 20 year periods have a much tighter range from +0.5% to +13.2%."

https://themeasureofaplan.com/us-stock-market-returns-1870s-to-present/

Returns-by-year.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kodiak said:

Probably, 

Dont forget to use a wide stop😉

"To summarize: while the range of returns across 1-year periods have varied from negative 37.0% to +53.2%, the annualized returns across 20 year periods have a much tighter range from +0.5% to +13.2%."

https://themeasureofaplan.com/us-stock-market-returns-1870s-to-present/

Returns-by-year.png

I wonder what my Grand father would have made of this.....he was trading shares in 1930....Supposedly made a fortune on the 1927 BULL wave....Lost his shirt in 1930..Made it all back and stuck it into other things instead....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cheviot said:

I wonder what my Grand father would have made of this.....he was trading shares in 1930....Supposedly made a fortune on the 1927 BULL wave....Lost his shirt in 1930..Made it all back and stuck it into other things instead....

Maybe he'd be wondering why people are stupid enough to still be doing the same sh!t almost 100 years later.

'Doing other things instead' - oh how I wish we could all do that and get free of the shackles of international financial capitalism aka 'the great swindle'.

So Friday ended up a downer for the indices after an entire day of going nowhere slowly, and the day-end candle is a bearish engulfing.

How anybody makes a 'living' from this voodoo cr@p is completely beyond me.  Unless they are working for Goldman Sachs.

Edited by dmedin

31 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Maybe he'd be wondering why people are stupid enough to still be doing the same sh!t almost 100 years later.

'Doing other things instead' - oh how I wish we could all do that and get free of the shackles of international financial capitalism aka 'the great swindle'.

....In his case , trying not to get killed in WW2...

21 minutes ago, dmedin said:

So Friday ended up a downer for the indices after an entire day of going nowhere slowly, and the day-end candle is a bearish engulfing.

How anybody makes a 'living' from this voodoo cr@p is completely beyond me.  Unless they are working for Goldman Sachs.

In my experience...there are 3 types of traders....

1.  The complete geek , who uses a black box style , and operates sell /buy signals.....

2. Those who use technicals like a map, ...you feel where you want to be....and you use the the technicals to get in or out....like a road map...

...or number 3####

3. The pure gut feeling fundamental trader.....mostly out of the commodity markets who can actually work out each season the S and D of each commodity...

all 3 are equally  valid.....I used to work with a metals trader....used to trading copper, he moved to FX where I got to know him.....He was an experienced trader ....but he hated |FX ...It just did nt suit him....So perhaps you have nt found either the style or the market/s that you like....?? 

38 minutes ago, cheviot said:

....In his case , trying not to get killed in WW2...

Interesting to note that WWI and WWII are still glorified as great victories in the old capitalist nations (especially England) that were part of the system that created the mass destruction of life in the first place, with on going repercussions to this day in the 'ex-colonies' like India/Pakistan and much of Africa.

33 minutes ago, cheviot said:

So perhaps you have nt found either the style or the market/s that you like....?? 

I hate everything ...

Even traditional buy and hold investing is full of fraud and scandal. 

I'd love to see decent interest rates so we could go back to 'gold old fashioned' bonds which are used to fund productive infrastructure and business, instead of gigantic international swindles.

Edited by dmedin