Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Look, it has bounced off the Fibonacci 100% line!  :) 

Now I have no idea how far back down it will come.

 

Wall Street_20200218_07.29.png

Edited by dmedin

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Look, it has bounced off the Fibonacci 100% line!  :) 

Now I have no idea how far back down it will come.

Have you started your short? You sound tempted late last week.

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

Apple warns may miss quarterly guidance estimates due to virus impact starts a new pullback in the indices.

The most important words to pay attention here are "may miss".

Which makes me think we might end up closing up again and recover  this early loss on US indices.  Placed a small bet going long. Let's see the open reaction.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, HPbrand said:

Have you started your short? You sound tempted late last week.

 

Might do it in demo (but when I'm in demo I just feel like it's totally pointless).  I used to see patterns and opportunities all over the place and now I don't really have faith in anything to work.

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, HPbrand said:

The most important words to pay attention here are "may miss".

Which makes me think we might end up closing up again and recover  this early loss on US indices.  Placed a small bet going long. Let's see the open reaction.

Whatever happens it won't be obvious and there are thousands of the world's best minds playing the game which people like me can't win.

Share this post


Link to post

It's started already on the short term frame.  I don't see how day trading is even possible.

508863174_Germany30_20200218_08_13.thumb.png.804057853072d6fb8808985cb0c22d0a.png

Share this post


Link to post

Oh look, it's beneath all the SMAs.  But probably not for long.

1962034551_WallStreet_20200218_08_20.thumb.png.09b831485b3eb4702458a7df5d4407cd.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Shorting into such a strong uptrend is like p!ssing into the wind ...

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Shorting into such a strong uptrend is like p!ssing into the wind ...

depends on your targets.

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

depends on your targets.

 

I've never actually seen a trade wizard master the ups and downs of the minute time frame.  Maybe those people are actually all full of ****?

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, dmedin said:

 

I've never actually seen a trade wizard master the ups and downs of the minute time frame.  Maybe those people are actually all full of ****?

 

there's an awful lot you've never seen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

there's an awful lot you've never seen.

 

I'm just another debt/wave slave.  Was never meant to see the good things in life.  😉

 

Share this post


Link to post

Using my amazing powers of hindsight, that is a bearish pattern 🤠

Selection_001.thumb.jpg.a04d176da288f4cad736a3880d788e19.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Sell all the things!  Sell all the things!  Panic!  Panic!  The roof is on fire!

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, dmedin said:

 

I've never actually seen a trade wizard master the ups and downs of the minute time frame.  Maybe those people are actually all full of ****?

 

If you have never seen one, become one!

On another note, I have increased my Nasdaq long. Waiting for confirmation before contemplating going all in for the day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, dmedin said:

Shorting into such a strong uptrend is like p!ssing into the wind ...

Yes all the dip buyers make it hard shorting

Did not trade today because i suck at trading😉

But maybe something like this for those that can?

2 short scalp 20-30 points or so?

If i had placed a trade i had probably **** it up😄

DAX 18 Feb 2020.png

  • Like 1
  • Great! 1

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Did not trade today because i suck at trading😉

It's DEAD EASY in hindsight!  Anyone can produce a graph and say 'You should have bought here!' and 'You should have sold there!' :D

 

Share this post


Link to post

Buy the dips Patricia!

Buy the dips Eileen!

Buy the dips Samwise Gamgee!

There is no alternative 🇺🇸

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, dmedin said:

It's DEAD EASY in hindsight!  Anyone can produce a graph and say 'You should have bought here!' and 'You should have sold there!' :D

 

Or, it might go HERE or it might go THERE!  Or it might go somewhere else!  Who the heck knows :D

 

Share this post


Link to post

Peter Brandt  @PeterLBrandt

"The drumbeat of U.S. equity perma-bears has been a constant in my 45 years as a trader"

image.png.fcefb12069623dd2b3284e1c62424d1b.png

  • Like 1
  • Great! 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Caseynotes said:

"The drumbeat of U.S. equity perma-bears has been a constant in my 45 years as a trader"

 

Burton Malkiel effectively says the same thing when he recommends passive index tracking.

Wonder why IG didn't include 'A random walk down walk street' in their list of top trading books instead of books by bragging bravados and other trading hucksters?

Edited by dmedin

Share this post


Link to post

I'm confident it is going higher. Take the profits when it reaches target.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, HPbrand said:

I'm confident it is going higher. Take the profits when it reaches target.

Difficulty is finding a way back in.  I've lost a sh!t ton of money trying to 'time' my way in and out, long and short, when if I'd just sat and done nothing with a buy and hold I'd still be in profit.

Someone please put me out of my misery.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, dmedin said:

 

Burton Malkiel effectively says the same thing when he recommends passive index tracking.

Wonder why IG didn't include 'A random walk down walk street' in their list of top trading books instead of books by bragging bravados and other trading hucksters?

WALL street.  **** 🤡

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Someone please put me out of my misery.

If all else fails, B&Q sells ropes. 

Joking aside, you need to get in when people are waiting but indications for upside.

Edited by HPbrand
  • Great! 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, HPbrand said:

If all else fails, B&Q sells ropes. 

Joking aside, you need to get in when people are waiting but indications for upside.

Why make the effort and take the risk when buy and hold has actually been proven (as close as is possible in finance) to work?

Why trade in a 90% chance for a 10% chance?  Who actually manages to make money shorting the U.S. indices in the last 10 years?

Edited by dmedin

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×