If you were waiting to buy the dip you may have missed it with nice hammers on all 4 indices yesterday but gold is still on a serge so some doubt remains.

image.thumb.png.03956900a39028929f50f3f97a11d144.png

image.thumb.png.40bc642b4eae94b17898a4a17852e359.png

20 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

gold is still on a serge

Berger?  :D

• Like 1

Either the gold bulls or the oil bulls are going to get trapped and it will probably be Dow that decides it.

M15 charts;

image.thumb.png.80644c08707c921fe08f526df2ec4871.png

"Good news on Coronavirus

1. Shanghai reports zero new coronavirus cases

2. For the first time, the number of discharged COVID19 patients, 1,824, surpassed the confirmed new cases, 1,749, on Tuesday in China."

(themarketear)

• Great! 1

22 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

Either the gold bulls or the oil bulls are going to get trapped and it will probably be Dow that decides it.

M15 charts;

image.thumb.png.80644c08707c921fe08f526df2ec4871.png

Stocks high, oil low?

8 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Stocks high, oil low?

Increasing indices generally implies increasing demand and production which increases the demand for oil whereas gold is typically the run to safe haven for money when stocks and therefore oil are in a downturn.

When stocks and oil are going up bonds and gold are generally going down.

Risk on = stocks and oil up, bonds and gold down. 

Risk off = bonds and gold up, stocks and oil down..

Edited by Caseynotes
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

Increasing indices generally implies increasing demand and production which increases the demand for oil whereas gold is typically the run to safe haven for money when stocks and therefore oil are in a downturn.

When stocks and oil are going up bonds and gold are generally going down.

Risk on = stocks and oil up, bonds and gold down. 

Risk off = bonds and gold up, stocks and oil down..

True but gold rose last year at the same time as the U.S. indices spent the entire year in an uptrend.  Sounds like gold is rising at the same time as stocks, maybe as a kind of hedge?  Meanwhile, oil is in terminal decline as the world moves towards renewable energy.

Edited by dmedin

1 minute ago, dmedin said:

True but gold rose last year at the same time as the U.S. indices spent the entire year in an uptrend.  Sounds like gold is rising at the same time as stocks, maybe as a kind of hedge?  Meanwhile, oil is in terminal decline as the world moves towards renewable energy.

I knew as soon as I sent the post I should have added, just for your benefit, that no, like everything else it always doesn't work out that way though the general principle is sound and has been a 'thing' for over a hundred years 🤔

10 minutes ago, dmedin said:

gold rose last year at the same time as the U.S. indices spent the entire year in an uptrend

🧐

8 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Meanwhile, oil is in terminal decline as the world moves towards renewable energy.

meanwhile the world can't even get off coal let alone oil let alone gas. Germany spent 10 billion over 10 years on renewables only to find what they really needed to build was 2 gas pipelines to Russia.

8 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

meanwhile the world can't even get off coal let alone oil let alone gas. Germany spent 10 billion over 10 years on renewables only to find what they really needed to build was 2 gas pipelines to Russia.

They've got a plan to get off coal now.

If it's true that China and India will consume coal and oil for decades ... half the world will probably be uninhabitable by that time ... they might need to consider their options :D

1 minute ago, dmedin said:

They've got a plan to get off coal now.

If it's true that China and India will consume coal and oil for decades ... half the world will probably be uninhabitable by that time ... they might need to consider their options :D

yeah yeah yeah. and in the 1970's we were told categorically by scientists that within 50 years most coastal areas would be under 20 feet of water lol. Just goes to show how corrupted science has become by the money of lobby groups and NGOs with a political agenda. you are being lied to systematically and on a massive scale. if they control what you think they control what you do.

• Sad 1

If I was a betting man I'd say this might fall a bit more before it carries on 🤔

955164278_WallStreet_20200219_09_55.thumb.png.a380e134c23ec1b5cb2b4ae779a3e272.png

Both Dax and Dow are coiling with no real hint as to which way they might spring.

M15 charts;

image.thumb.png.6cd7010815efce5918cc95bff68d27dc.png

3 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

yeah yeah yeah. and in the 1970's we were told categorically by scientists that within 50 years most coastal areas would be under 20 feet of water lol. Just goes to show how corrupted science has become by the money of lobby groups and NGOs with a political agenda. you are being lied to systematically and on a massive scale. if they control what you think they control what you do.

• Thought provoking 1

As far as the U.S. indices go, there's only:

W1siZiIsInB1YmxpYy8yMDE5LzExLzI2LzE0LzEz

• Like 1

Nothing happening. Going to stock up my fridge from Tesco instead.

• Like 1
  • Great! 1

Nasdaq 100 and Wall Street not singing from the same hymn sheet today 🧐

1750653192_USTech100_20200219_15_20.thumb.png.89df04db6722daa9ff8aa58138d67708.png

1638211153_WallStreet_20200219_15_20.thumb.png.912480bb5c5a777b3e4142076c85a395.png

Edited by dmedin

1 hour ago, dmedin said:

Nasdaq 100 and Wall Street not singing from the same hymn sheet today 🧐

Nasdaq has been doing that since January. Gutted I didn't go long on Nasdaq today, went with a short on Dow which I thought was more probable.  Too late for that trade today.

Hopefully Dow ends lower by closing time so I haven't wasted my time.

• Like 1

On 18/02/2020 at 13:59, dmedin said:

It's DEAD EASY in hindsight!  Anyone can produce a graph and say 'You should have bought here!' and 'You should have sold there!' :D

Well the signals are in realtime, but it needs a "brainfilter" to be profitable😉

And my brainfilter needs to be optimized😄

The most important are the exits, thats where the money is made

..or lost😉

Only one signal today, long at 13 732 

DAX 19 Feb.png

• Like 1

🤔

I have been trying to trade in and out and lost money when I could have made a decent amount of money by just holding my position open.

Can you produce another chart for me with a potential pattern in formation rather than one where the patterns have already formed i.e. without hindsight?

4 minutes ago, dmedin said:

🤔

I have been trying to trade in and out and lost money when I could have made a decent amount of money by just holding my position open.

Can you produce another chart for me with a potential pattern in formation rather than one where the patterns have already formed i.e. without hindsight?

not to undermine the op answering the question but;

1/ go to your chart and put a fast and a slow MA on it, experiment for best fit.

2/ look for a crossover after Price Action change of direction.

3/ wait for the first pullback back to the fast MA.

4/ look for a candle reversal pattern to signal pullback failure and new trend continuation for entry.

5/ always stay away from choppy PA with horizontal MAs.

• Thought provoking 1

9 minutes ago, dmedin said:

🤔

Maybe if i have the time i will do that?

I am not trying to sell something..

Only trying to help and show how TA can be used

Doable on a daily timeframe, or maybe four hours, but drilling down into minutes even even hourly just doesn't cut it for me.

1 hour ago, dmedin said:

"Without hindsight" 😂😂 

Funny man...assuming you're a man.

5 hours ago, HPbrand said:

"Without hindsight" 😂😂 

Funny man...assuming you're a man.

🤠

The main story yesterday was the flight out of Yen but also the continued rise in gold so money leaving one safe haven and being transferred into another. Speculation of further forthcoming BoJ easing perhaps. The completion of this move may see gold fall back as the rise in oil off the range bottom gathers momentum. Meanwhile the indices looked on from the sidelines though still in touch with the highs. The gold, oil and indices impasse may well be resolved today, my suspicion is gold easing off while oil and indices continue up.

The virus news is that net cases are no longer increasing as rate of recovery matches rate of new cases found so may have reached the tipping point towards a downturn.

Daily charts; Dax and Dow. Gold and Oil.

image.thumb.png.263214ea4736a5965bce558533ac154d.png

image.thumb.png.ca8b16d2b961f4345b4e54274af77704.png

• Like 1

Unwinded my Dow short at a minimal loss. Positioned to go long on Nasdaq for the time being as short term reversal is less likely now.

I don't trade FOREX but EUR/USD is concerning. With hindsight, I should have bet my house on it.

• Like 1