Indices

1 minute ago, dmedin said:

You tried it one way, lost money, tried it the other way, lost money - exactly what happens to me when I try to trade on short-term charts.

no not quite, both took off ok but turned around at the 'first trouble area' (remember that lesson?), so just bailed.

• Thought provoking 1
13 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

no not quite, both took off ok but turned around at the 'first trouble area' (remember that lesson?), so just bailed.

remember that there are 2 pullback entries, the candle reversal pattern at the pullback fail and if you miss that the second is the breakout passed the prior high (for a long). The prior high is also the 'first trouble area' for the first entry type, if price can't make it past there you don't get the breakout traders joining in to push your earlier trade entry along, time to start doubting the whole move. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, HPbrand said:

I know nothing about sophisticated trading instruments. I stick with what I know and works for me.

There's nothing sophisticated about buying a simple call.  Regarding options in general, people have turned them into something ridiculously complicated with various 'strategies' and all sorts of permutations and complications and other b*llocks.

Just now, HPbrand said:

For us retail investors day trading, it only make sense to bet substantial (relative to each individual) and GTFO when we get the our own target. 

🤔

I don't see how anyone can day trade with small sums of money.  I simply see it as an alternative form of investment that is more interesting and potentially more reward than index tracking.  

5 th Wave triangle my friends...choppy. rough and a turn signal,  DOW and DAX. 

For your further viewing pleasure the 'SELL' side of the market is the left button. 

Some of you not old enough to remember a bear market  may need to view slo mo replays of 1987 , 2000 and 2008.  Braces and fish tail haircuts like Kevin Keegan were obligatory.

See you at the bottom.  I m taking my dogs for a walk. 

• Great! 1
3 minutes ago, cheviot said:

5 th Wave triangle my friends...choppy. rough and a turn signal,  DOW and DAX. 

For your further viewing pleasure the 'SELL' side of the market is the left button. 

Some of you not old enough to remember a bear market  may need to view slo mo replays of 1987 , 2000 and 2008.  Braces and fish tail haircuts like Kevin Keegan were obligatory.

See you at the bottom.  I m taking my dogs for a walk. 

What level are you talking about when describing a bear market? Dow 20000 or lower?

If so, no chance.

• Like 1

People who live here and don't have their heads up their @rses (people who aren't Tories) have known it for a long time but Britain's economy really is in bad shape:

The plunge in profit, though in line with analyst expectations, showed Lloyds paying a toll for past misconduct while the rise in bad loans hinted at potential trouble ahead for Britain’s economy.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-lloyds-results/lloyds-hit-by-bad-deeds-and-bad-debts-idUKKBN20E0QA

Edited by dmedin
  • Like 1