31 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Yes a corrective bounce ...

Why would it rally hard from here?  Who is going to start suddenly buying lots of oil while the virus thing is still up in the air?

Shorts will start buying....Big hedge funds are plenty plenty short

and  the Saudis are going to turn the taps off...

• Thought provoking 1

54 minutes ago, dmedin said:

The only people not feeling pain are the ones who analyse and don't actually place any trades :D

Who in the world has so much time to spare?

• Thought provoking 1

I've given back so much by trying to go long at 'bottoms', when a SELL AND HOLD strategy would have been best this whole entire time.

See a 'trend' emerging here?

Alternatively - yes I can see it is more obvious on 1 hr charts (and for some people on 15 mins) - but in that case you really do need to be glued to the chart all day long.  Nothing worse than being stuck a chart all day long and coming away with nothing, or even losing all your dosh.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, HPbrand said:

Who in the world has so much time to spare?

They are all over the place, posting videos for DailyFX all day long.

LOOKS LIKE WE'RE HEADED BACK TO OCTOBER 2019 LEVELS!!!  And if prices fall from there then wow!  Who the heck knows!

16 minutes ago, dmedin said:

I've given back so much by trying to go long at 'bottoms', when a SELL AND HOLD strategy would have been best this whole entire time.

See a 'trend' emerging here?

Alternatively - yes I can see it is more obvious on 1 hr charts (and for some people on 15 mins) - but in that case you really do need to be glued to the chart all day long.  Nothing worse than being stuck a chart all day long and coming away with nothing, or even losing all your dosh.

Plays a sound a few seconds before a candle closes.

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/11051#:~:text=Candle Closing Time Remaining (CCTR) Version,3 - indicator for MetaTrader 4&text=Candle Closing Time Remaining (CCTR) is an indicator which displays,open candle to be closed.

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/20185/

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dmedin said:

LOOKS LIKE WE'RE HEADED BACK TO OCTOBER 2019 LEVELS!!!  And if prices fall from there then wow!  Who the heck knows!

Down to 25500 from August '20?

Once it broke 26000, it went into free fall!

Edited by Bopperz

Anyone thinking of going long most likely will be bankrupted.... let's see who the contrarians are.

• Like 1

Oh #### .  I just wonder how much of this was started by it being the end of the month ?  

D J    .618% at around 24540   

Rundown continues, yesterday being very volatile as bulls tried to push back midway through the US session but were beaten back as the buy and hold crowd continued to dump, see if they try again today. 

image.thumb.png.869c7291a52d039082f1a4e8838473cb.png

image.thumb.png.5f560309bb117981717f2f9fd76d0ecd.png

Well, some folks are looking at the 200 day moving average for the Nasdaq.

NAS100Daily.thumb.png.800af87a3f78cf5f6f2e981c679e6041.png

Edited by AndrewS
  • Like 1
  • Thought provoking 1

2 hours ago, HPbrand said:

Anyone thinking of going long most likely will be bankrupted.... let's see who the contrarians are.

Not sure if its going to work, but I am looking at SEPT calls on the FTSE. They are "cheap" (not in terms of IV - but £), and if this all blows over/is an over reaction.........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

he buy and hold crowd continued to dump

Huh?  That makes no sense.  In 1 - 2 years their shares will have recovered all the lost value and then some.

1 minute ago, dmedin said:

Huh?  That makes no sense.  In 1 - 2 years their shares will have recovered all the lost value and then some.

being deep underwater is hard to endure especially for long periods and especially if you need the money to buy face masks and tissues. 

Most household share owners sold during the last recession and most never came back to the stock market, true fact.

• Thought provoking 1

2 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

being deep underwater is hard to endure especially for long periods and especially if you need the money to buy face masks and tissues. 

Most household share owners sold during the last recession and most never came back to the stock market, true fact.

Hence why it always says 'keep your money in for at least five years' on all the investment sites.  :D

11 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

Back to the would you (short or buy) Nas question  ?

image.png.16f4b9b0b074286507a4c4b1b077da05.png

lol based on that chart alone I would not be able to make a decision ...

• Like 1

Being a friday afternnon and heading into the week end I d expect one last push lower as final sellers sell. 

Early monday may be a good time to re-establish a little long.....The RSI s are so over sold......BUt we may just track sideways, which will cause RSI s to bounce....

I have a theory based on one of my January posts that this is merely a very nasty correction and goes back to the 2008 peak.....

Meantime....DJ 24600 or so......FTSE I fancy from about 6450 being 1.618% extension of the ABC  .  

Apple...What can I say.....Bottom of channel comes in around $260,  I m holding for the summer time....  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dmedin said:

lol based on that chart alone I would not be able to make a decision ...

that's right but the overall structure would suggest not a bad place to start thinking about it, all quick moving extended rallies and dips are figured to be overdone at some point and it may well be around here. A reversal pattern will show up on the daily chart when it does anyway.

T Bonds .... I thinjk we ll have a final sharp spike up into 20900/21000 on the futures which will equate to around 1.65|% for 30 year $$$$   !  

That could be the final final nail in everyones coffin.....

If the fed cuts rates I think T B s are a sell....With inflation at 2.1 cpi it gives 50 bp negative rates......

Which is actually supportive of equities.....

DAX

Seems the sellers are tired, or maybe lunch?

Lets see if we can get a higher swing low?

or if its takes off without looking back?

DAX 2.png

• Like 2

It certainly feels like there should be a bounce but I'm not convinced the bull market will resume within the next few months.

China is bouncing back but only after a period of large scale shut downs and lock downs. It Europe needs to do the same would mean an extended period of downturn but may not be the case. 

Guest Roadrat

Any thoughts please on where the Dow may finish today?  It is bouncing around 400 points down but has been lower.

36 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Seems the sellers are tired, or maybe lunch?

Holding up quite well during the session so far but what will the US open bring? Still an awful lot of uncertainty and if there's one thing markets hate it's uncertainty.

M15 charts; 

image.thumb.png.e6be1c461b35e8a5d6630d23c6925d46.png

2 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

if there's one thing markets hate it's uncertainty

Who doesn't? :)