Indices

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I use only 2 MAs as a filter (used the same settings long time) Had some time over and did a backtest buy sell on cross I used a trailing stop and optimized the trailing stop only and for th

JESS ........TWO BARKS FOR BUY     ONE BARK FOR SELL   ???

Apple warns may miss quarterly guidance estimates due to virus impact starts a new pullback in the indices.

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Bopperz said:

Mistakes have been made.....

I think today is a perfect example of why I should follow the below steps:

1) Make plan

2) Trade plan

3) Switch off computer and come back 4 hours later.

There's definitely something to be said for giving your orders some time to cook. Stepping away for specific amounts of time is a good idea.

• Like 1

I must fill your gap, Eileen!  Higher lows but not clear on the higher highs yet.  Whipsaw, sideways trading: treacherous, much money lost.  Wait till the price action is clearly trending i.e. most of it is above (or below) the MAs, not scattered up and down higgledy-piggledy all over the shop.  Cripes!

1518913552_Germany30_20200311_10_16.thumb.png.2331c39458a955f674e2250c0e24b3aa.png

That looks like a half-way (measuring) gap, if so then it will utterly devastate the FTSE 100.  Going to take more than £30 billion extra spending.  (Donald Trump's pocket change - and BoJo the Plonker wants to give the rich a tax cut costing £8 billion.) 

198159124_FTSE100_20200311_14_25.thumb.png.13541f4831317ef5640226a69f29963e.png

A guy who has watched Boeing a long time called the drop a long time ago (like a year and a half) and he told me to look at the market crashes in the late 80s as an example of what was to come.   He should have short sold though and put his money where his mouth is if he had conviction.  Imagine if you'd short sold and held Boeing for the past year.  You'd be absolutely minted.

Edited by dmedin

“I think a lot of this is largely overblown. My sense is that you don’t have a lot of institutional players,” said Keith Bliss, managing partner and chief executive officer at iQ Capital (USA) LLC, New York.

“Investor are just kind of sitting back and letting the market carnage play out...they will step back in when things seemed to have settled down.”

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-usa-stocks/wall-street-pounded-by-growth-fears-as-boeing-slumps-idUKKBN20Y1FR

Overblown doesn't even come close to describing it :D

8 minutes ago, dmedin said:

About 130,000 infected.

World population about 8,000,000,000

That's an infection rate of 0.0016%

PANIC!

I'm down to my last three bog roll. We could soon have a REAL panic!

• Great! 1

Here comes the plonker:

“There are currently about 590 cases identified in the UK and there are more than 20 patients on intensive care units,” chief scientific adviser Patrick Vallance said.

“If you calculate what that really means in terms of the total number, it is much more likely that you have somewhere between 5,000 and 10,000 people infected at the moment,” he added.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-britain/uk-likely-has-up-to-10000-people-with-coronavirus-chief-government-scientist-idUKKBN20Y3IF

The biggest down day yesterday as the fear gauge hit maximum but could be an exhaustion bar as US increases stimulus. Lagarde turns out a massive let down (it's all really not her problem). And it turns out  northern Italy has a massive Chinese population working in the leather goods industry (who knew), who regularly back and forth to China.

image.thumb.png.bed83638bd1f2e9a0319e5179c79f95b.png

image.png.f377357bc2bcb47099322a2cade5dbf5.png

• Thanks 1
  • Great! 1