Indices

6 minutes ago, Bopperz said:

Messy morning. American markets closed, UK markets very volatile.

IG - crashing. Which seems to be the norm.

Calmed down a bit now and spread on Dax dropped from 7 to 5 points but still higher than the 2 or 3 from last week and way more than the usual 1.

Dax M15;

image.thumb.png.32375559cc228bab8c559a1deabbe329.png

• Great! 1
Just now, dmedin said:

Something very sinister is going on, and the virus is not the real reason behind it 😱

after the shutdowns come the business failures which are being priced in now. The bearded all round great guy R. Branson is ordering his staff to take an 8 week unpaid holiday. very generous.

• Great! 1
18 minutes ago, AndrewS said:

I have just spent all the money I set aside for stocking up on toilet rolls on investing.

GER30Monthly.thumb.png.064cfa23f4f23b6b1b328b801e1aee31.png

Closed it all. The reason is because I am far better at scalping than picking significant highs or lows.

Edited by AndrewS
  • Great! 1

I regret scalping today.  Made a bit then lost it all.  Will do well to end the day with something to show for it.  Should have just held on to positions put in place at the start of the day, using daily and four-hour charts.  Review them again in the early evening.

Anyway ... we're all going to die soon.  Panic.  Death.  Misery.  And, worst of all, job losses.

Edited by dmedin
24 minutes ago, dmedin said:

I regret scalping today.  Made a bit then lost it all.  Will do well to end the day with something to show for it.  Should have just held on to positions put in place at the start of the day, using daily and four-hour charts.  Review them again in the early evening.

Anyway ... we're all going to die soon.  Panic.  Death.  Misery.  And, worst of all, job losses.

I think if you find yourself writing this sort of thing you are too tired for discretionary trading.

• Sad 1
13 hours ago, dmedin said:

Are you chasing the price after making some money and doubling down once it retraces from the high/low? Are you also over leveraged and need to close positions as a result?

I have done the above countless times. If this is you also, take your own advice "Should have just held on to positions put in place at the start of the day". It's greed mate. We all have it.  

Why not try close all positions in the evening after each day and go and enjoy yourself away from screen? Or don't use too much leverage with open positions overnight if you want to keep them?

You sound like a humorous chap so I do want to hear you in a happy and positive state.

• Like 1

The index spreads make it impractical to trade today with IG.   I'm sorry but this is exploitation by some of the SB companies and there is no excuse for it . IG want 7 point to trade DAX (ETX want 8!).  Only CoreSpreads are maintaining their spread at 1.

3 hours ago, HPbrand said:

It's greed mate. We all have it.  

Why not try close all positions in the evening after each day and go and enjoy yourself away from screen? Or don't use too much leverage with open positions overnight if you want to keep them?

Good advice :)

WE'RE ALL DOOMED.  WORRY, PANIC, FEAR - but worst of all !!!! - JOB LOSSES!!!

Many will starve to death and become homeless ...

'D' word rears head as coronavirus-hit markets brace for recession

Winograd said he was concerned the situation could turn into a “durable recession” that stems in part from distress in the banking sector.

“If we end up in a multiple-quarter level decline, I would expect there still to be significant downside for the market.”

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-stocks-economy-usa/d-word-rears-head-as-coronavirus-hit-markets-brace-for-recession-idUKKBN2140IA

Sell the rallies, Josephine.

The sudden economic stop caused by coronavirus containment measures will cause a global recession this year and could see U.S. corporate default rates spike above 10% in the next 12 months, ratings agency S&P Global warned on Tuesday.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-defaults-s-p/coronavirus-to-cause-global-recession-surge-in-defaults-sp-global-idUKKBN21420H?il=0

THE END IS NIGH, PEREGIN TOOK!

Edited by dmedin

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has said the Senate is “anxious” to pass the latest House-passed bill, an action that could happen later on Tuesday.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-congress/senate-weighs-emergency-coronavirus-pandemic-funds-trump-seeks-850-billion-more-idUKKBN21420L

I thought the Fed was going to hoover up all the stocks to drive prices higher?

3 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

Spread on Dax down to 4 points from 6 yesterday but still aways off the normal 1 point.

Small price to pay for getting in on a market that's moving in only one direction :)

Pretty soon there will be nothing left to sell.

Capitalism has gone bust :(

1 hour ago, Bopperz said:

Has anyone ever tried gamma scalping a support/resistance zone? i.e. buy an option, with a strike on a S/R and try and delta hedge to pay off the premium?

No but let us know how you get on, sounds very interesting :)