Indices

A second senior government adviser, the chief pandemic modeller Graham Medley, said he feared Britain had painted itself into a corner, with no clear exit from a strategy that would damage the economic and mental well-being of many people.

Almost one million people have applied for welfare benefits in just two weeks in Britain, according to official data that shows the economy is set for a depression that could be worse than the slump in the 1930s.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-britain/britain-unlikely-to-lift-coronavirus-lockdown-until-end-of-may-government-expert-idUKKBN21M07U

Scars like these take a long time to heal.

Remember to 'protect the NHS' - the NHS isn't there to protect you.

We all know that the real reason for the NHS is to give jobs to millions of people, and for private companies (and politicians) to get big juicy contracts at the taxpayers' expense.

It's got f&k all to do with provision of health - that's just a side effect of the operation :D

Suicide, domestic abuse, inability to get to a doctor - I could add a few others like having to put up with people's BS leading to relationship breakdowns, vulnerable people being exploited/neglected, likely increase in animal cruelty and neglect.  Ah joy of joys.  Almost makes you think 250,000 dead would have been worth it :P

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/health-coronavirus-usa-cost/

Edited by dmedin
1 minute ago, dmedin said:

It's a mug's game - good luck.  :D

Remember: the only way to not lose all your money is not to trade at all.

Technical and fundamental analysis are equally good, which is the same as saying that they are equally as useless.

spoken like a true gambler, you know when you're tired of gambling you should do some research and see how trading works (defined setups, repeatable process, statistically proven positive expectancy an all that).

Retail and Institutional IG client sentiment for Dow though not sure how you read the inner vs outer circle;

monte.safieddine@ig.com @Monte_IG

3m

Gap between financial and the real economy could grow larger with big monetary & fiscal stimulus, equities could be in for more bullish moves as key resistance pivot points break. That could put a squeeze on traders holding heavy short ~70% bias in the $DOW #Dow

image.png.6a69022ca9c5d2ac94a16579d1446a58.png 

8 hours ago, dmedin said:

I take it all back, recovery confirmed.

100% of the money I made from going short during the 'bear market' has been lost, so I'm starting again.  GO LONG!

:D

A MOMENT LATER....

MARKET DROPS HARD... (joking)

Edited by HPbrand
  • Great! 1

Well, all thanks to the Federal Reserve for buying up all the shares and giving us a 'rally' right in the middle of an enormous clusterf*k.  The 'zombie' companies might be going (and making tens of millions unemployed) but at least the stock market 'zombie' is here to stay :D

Edited by dmedin
16 minutes ago, dmedin said:

It's looking like that will indeed happen and if so I'm out, I won't go near betting or even investing again - not for a very long time.

I think it will rise tomorrow but Thursday, Friday could be down days or the start to reverse. If you in profit get out and don't open trade again on the same day. Just be grateful.

If you swing trade you need to have a bigger account for buffer. Otherwise scalping taking scraps here and there is safer for you.

'Uptrend' has now petered out and going into reverse.  Congratulations to all those who went long - you're about to lose another sh!t ton of money.

In related news:

The U.S. economy could shrink 30% or more this quarter as stay-at-home orders aimed at slowing the coronavirus outbreak choke off business, and it could be a couple of years before the economy regains its footing, former Federal Reserve Chair Ben Bernanke said on Tuesday.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-bernanke/former-fed-chief-bernanke-sees-bad-year-no-quick-recovery-idUKKBN21P2Z6?il=0

1 hour ago, HPbrand said:

Otherwise scalping taking scraps here and there is safer for you.

It's not worth the time or hassle at the bet sizes I put on.  (I.e. minimum)

I wouldn't risk anything more than that anyway - trading short time scales is practically indistinguishable from gambling.