Dow Index

Guest MrJake

Guest MrJake

Well this is my first real post and it turns out to be a request

I use the spreadbetting part of IG for indices, in particular Wall Street

Previously, IG would include the Dow in their "Levels to Watch" article each day, this has now been replaced with the S&P 500.

How can I encourage IG to comment on this index again?

Hi Mr Jakes,

There is a suggestions section on the main community page where you can communicate directly with IG people and the rest of the users.

Also there is an active US markets thread where the Dow is discussed regularly.  As an FYI, we had a discussion on the merits of the Dow vs the S&P500 in which people seemed to prefer the S&P because it is the biggest market and much more diverse than the DOW (30 large caps only).  See also a Thread on the Russell 2000 small cap market as a trend setter.

When you explore the community threads and actively participate in the discussions I think you will get a lot of benefit on your chosen markets.  If no one is talking about something you are interested in then start and thread and see if it generates any interest,

Good luck and welcome,

Mercury

Guest MrJake

Hi Mercury

Thanks for such a prompt response

I did see the suggestions section, however I thought that was more for amendments to the trading platform than the various education and tips articles

With regard to the US Markets thread I will wander over there and have a look.

Thanks for all your help

Regards

MrJake 

Guest oilfxpro

This fall below major resistance  may trigger a further fall

You need just support resistance indicators  , to watch these levels

Guest MrJake

Hi oilfxpro

Thanks for the heads up

This drop has earned me a few pounds and I am looking for a further drop

I am learning more about alerts and the variuos tools available to us and I hope to take advantage of those when I know more

Thanks again

MrJake

Guest oilfxpro

You can draw your own levels on pro real time

If you use mt4  , you can have these tools made   for around   $500

The ready made ones   are not good  

My own set of custom tools  cost   $5,000     (It saves 1 hours daily and energy   or  250 hours a year)

or get some free ones  on the net  for mt4

http://www.fxfisherman.com/forums/forex-metatrader/trading-systems/16490-lazy-crocodile-goon-template-indicators.html#post113073

The free ones are ok  , but  you need more accurate  and reliable  tools   for drawings

• 7 months later...

This is showing the dow is in bullish mode. Will try and post a chart when this changes to bearish. This helps in getting an idea of where the index is heading generally.

Archived