Dax & Dow

After a couple of false starts Dax is on the move to R1.

H1 charts;

image.thumb.png.8bf132c5f847c9ffea232a4aaa50f26f.png

On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 10:47, elle said:

onward & upward

Capture upw.PNG

" 26000"   :)

Capture 25.PNG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elle said:

onward & upward 

@elle

It's been a great week for Wall St. bulls that's for sure but I think you've seen the top for now, next week could be a different story, with a bit of luck the Dax will make a move and from here it doesn't matter either way cos 12100 is my pivot so up I'm long down I'm short. I'm just glad it's Friday it's been a bad week for a bears (and Foxy's) on the Dax.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Foxy said:

it's been a bad week for a bears (and Foxy's) on the Dax.

Same, Wall St was my undoing this week 😏

• Like 1

A light hearted look at this:)

Capture t1.PNG

Capture t2.PNG

• Great! 1

You say lighthearted ... but it's pretty serious, imagine being close to Trump and then placing trades accordingly ... does that count as 'insider trading'?

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 11:34, ha05230 said:

Same, Wall St was my undoing this week 😏

Wow didn't wana be on the wrong side of that one!!!

Couldn't help my self after three days of nothing on the Dax I had to fade this gap, just have to see but FTSE & DOW look to have gone to far to fast.

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 15:01, elle said:

A light hearted look at this:)

Capture t1.PNG

Capture t2.PNG

If that is true ther's nothing light hearted about it, the man should go to Jail do not pass go and do not collect £200

Dax just looking at the daily chart resistance level (orange) overhead while Dow thinks about another test of the pivot coming up to the European open. Expecting a continuation day up from the daily chart but suspect Dax and Dow might look for a market open check of the pivot before hand on the Dow at least.

image.thumb.png.858174faf20f28e5cc49d9e5752c4fe5.png

Indices struggling for traction, Dax capped at 12123, Dow going sideways and Ftse shrugging off the GDP m/m miss -0.4 against the forecast -0.1.

Dax, Dow and Ftse M15 charts;

image.thumb.png.77d45bb29271d89b39235ee6c41eee4c.png

image.thumb.png.4f39b222fa3eb0b2346ab8e868284270.png

Dax showing early sign of wanting to get on with it, recent high target at 12143 and R2 12165. 

Dow sitting just above the pivot and targeting the recent high at 26250.

H1 charts;

image.thumb.png.0155310fc6bc744c6fdd8f110c4830a6.png

Dax waiting midway between R2 & R3 while Dow hauls itself up towards 26250 the recent high, US open in half an hour.

image.thumb.png.96a90b3f68e39667d303c5dbdf7bae71.png

After the US open Dax slides back to R1 and looks to have found support while Dow tries to bounce up off S1 after falling back having tagged the above mentioned 26250.

H1 charts;

image.thumb.png.95bf1870986cde6e31822e542eac28b1.png

Dax and Dow rejecting the pivot overnight and looking for support this morning. Dow is currently at the recent low 26000 which may provide support, below that is S1 at 25944.

Dax has a recent low at 12075 close to S1. The European open may show direction or may need to wait for the London open at 8am.

image.thumb.png.3c16cf86da3c93932355aab15d5fe8ec.png

Both look to have found support at S! and are heading back towards the pivot.

M15 chart;

image.thumb.png.281e60b99951738a7b0af75c397a02ce.png

Posted (edited)

Something of an up and down tennis match the Dax this morning, very balanced and unable to find traction in either direction.

H1 Chart;

image.thumb.png.12ac1069643a8b1c200f29351e7b0e54.png

Edited by Caseynotes

1 hour ago, Caseynotes said:

Something of an up and down tennis match the Dax this morning, very balanced and unable to find traction in either direction.

H1 Chart;

image.thumb.png.12ac1069643a8b1c200f29351e7b0e54.png

what do you think of Dow when the US market opens ? 

10 minutes ago, JLZM1999 said:

what do you think of Dow when the US market opens ? 

The long term is bullish, the medium term is neutral and the short term is bearish. Currently S1 is holding up quite well but you can see from the chart that volume triples on the US open. So early on we are either going to see a push to the pivot (26090) or to S2 (25842), the latter has the higher probability but it really could go either way.

Up and down like a yo-yo ... and people say it's easier to trade the indices than individual stocks?!

4 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Up and down like a yo-yo ... and people say it's easier to trade the indices than individual stocks?!

Not for the novice perhaps but what's wrong with ftse? 🙂

image.thumb.png.c5e42721c1356c75b117e895d4b19bf9.png

Ooh ... 15 minute chart.  In order for that to be worthwhile you are looking at betting multiple pounds per point, which is incredibly scary unless you have a big deposit, and even the best candlestick pattern can be suddenly reversed on such a short time scale. 

1 minute ago, dmedin said:

Ooh ... 15 minute chart.  In order for that to be worthwhile you are looking at betting multiple pounds per point, which is incredibly scary unless you have a big deposit, and even the best candlestick pattern can be suddenly reversed on such a short time scale. 

ok, try this one then;

image.thumb.png.936349d6997175323d08a2dc45a25468.png

• Like 1

I must be unlucky or incredibly stupid as I'm getting slaughtered ... for every one pattern like that there are 99 others where it's up and down all over the place

2 minutes ago, Roadrat said:

Any ideas where the dow is going next please?

Dow is long term bullish, medium term neutral and short term bullish. Currently held up at R1 26094.

If able to break up through R1 the next target is R2 at 26160.

If unable to break upward through R1 will look for better support further down first at 26060 and if that fails will look to the pivot at 26022.

image.thumb.png.3d50fd235fce166ce270d4d6adb8a2f3.png

5 hours ago, Roadrat said:

Thanks @Caseynotes I went in at 26069 so will see what happens next

Did you go long?  And if so, why?  The upward momentum has stalled.

Bit of a wild ride yesterday after the US open as Dow pushed through R1 and nearly got to R2 before returning all the way back to the pivot and beyond.

On the European open today both Dax and Dow have found resistance mid way to R1 and are currently checking support. Waiting for the London open for direction this morning

image.thumb.png.6c83b97ea19007466ee2ee6d4eafbd07.png

Dax slipped down through the pivot and is trying to get a bounce off S1, just below is the H4 support level 12061.

Dow looking to test the pivot at 26040.

image.thumb.png.57f875ad3f5a2ec9500264811c89aa1c.png

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    fefcoweb
    Joined 18/08/19 18:33
    • @Mercury, I see you have started to look at Coffee. Excellent. If you look at both Arabica and London (Robusta) then one could argue that we are witnessing oversold conditions especially if you look at longer term timeframes like the 'Monthly' and potentially the 'Weekly'.  For me it is about identifying potential breakouts. We may see that in the days and weeks to come but right now at this moment in time both on the 'daily' are trading below 20, 50, 100 and 200 DMA's so it is still bearish for me. It is one I am monitoring closely.  Commodities can offer some excellent trading opportunities and produce some of the strongest trends. I do not use or apply EWT but if you can use it to effectively increase your chances of success which leads to a greater chance of profiting then all the best. 👍
    • I was watching a TV series called "This Giant Beast That is the Global Economy " starring and narrated by Kal Penn, actor in "House" and speech writer with Obama.  It doesn't really cover any new concepts, although there were a few interesting observation in their, like what the most important commodity in the global economy is... (I wont spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet and wants to but it was not that obvious and is blindingly obvious in retrospect). One thing that did pop out that I though was relevant for the forum was that the price of coffee is way too low for farmers to make money.  The logical conclusion of this is that they will farm something else and supply will be curtailed and then prices will go up, the basic perpetual cycle of supply and demand change.  This very basic fundamentals proposition motivated me to look at coffee on the charts to see if there was a building opportunity and I think there may be.  I will preface my analytical assessment with the statement that I know very little about the coffee industry other than how to select a great bean type as a consumer and make a great flat white. If I look at the long term charts (Quarterly/Monthly) I see that coffee trades in a large range from about 4000 to 34000 at the extremes (or $0.40 - $3.40 per US pound if you prefer).  This seems to represent the classic economics supply and demand curve in candle pricing form.  With the available data we can see a set of cycles between the market top and bottom zones that in the main run fairly directly between the zones.  At this point my thesis would be that if you catch the market right at either extreme you can hold until price reaches the opposite end of the range (net 30,000 points or so).  For best results you want a straight run rather than one with large reversals. If I apply EWT to the chart I see a series of 1-5s and A-B-C, although this is arguably less relevant than for markets that do not operate between such obvious ranges as the key is obviously to look at trading when the market enters, or more correctly, then exits the range extremes zones.  Still it is interesting to see that the run up in the mid 70s was a motive 1-5 that still marks the high point in price.  After that I see a series of massive A-B-Cs culminating in a slightly lower high extreme price in the late 1990s than that printed in the 70s (still went into the market top zone though). This high then produced a 1-5 down to the lowers price on the chart around 2002.  The next move up to 2011 could be either an A-B-C or a 1-5 and the current move looks decidedly like an A-B-C.  If the 2011 move is an A-B-C and the current move is also an A-B-C then I would expect the current move to be a larger wave B that ends higher than the previous low and spawns a massive rally that ends higher than the previous high and is a 1-5 that goes pretty much straight up.  Either way the current move is and A-B-C so will end higher than the previous low and as most of the bear moves end inside the market bottom zone I can reasonable conclude that this move will end somewhere between 4200 - 8000. Let's look at a shorter term charts to see if we can refine this.  I have 2 weekly charts attached, the first of which shows the bearish move down from 2011 and the second of which zooms in on the final wave C of C.  In the first chart I can see a clear A-B-C structure to all 3 of the larger A-B-C wave form of the bearish move.  This confirms an A-B-C and not a 1-5 and also confirms that the market is in a final wave C of C, which will spawn that Bull market.  I also have a nice upper resistance trend line and 2 possible lower lines (both may be valid) with a lot of good current (green circle) and prior pivot (purple circle) touches. If we look at the second weekly chart the wave C of the larger wave C (from the wave B pink) is cutting a clean 1-5 pattern and looks to have just completed the 3-4 part of this.  The rally to wave 4 (blue) is in a-b-c, which you would expect of a retrace so the next bearish phase should be a final wave 5 that will mark the end of the overall bear market.  I would be looking for price to hit one of the lower channel lines but inside or on the 8000 level ideally.  Note all previous moves that did not make it to the extremes zone were not wave Cs (As or Bs) and all the 5 did.  So the conclusion to this is that all wave Cs or motives 1-5s penetrate the extremes zones of the range but As and Bs tend not to.  Also 1-5 waves tend to run hard and fast and make more extreme price tops.  The current move looks line a Wave C that would spawn a 1-5. Finally looking at the daily chart the current bearish phase looks to have put in a 1-2 (green) of that final 1-5 I am looking for.  I will be tracking this for the 3-4-5 and other signals to see if I can spot the turn.  As and when price breaks out of the upper weekly trend line resistance I think a strong bull market will be in play that could be a motive 1-5 that makes it into the extreme market top zone.  In all of the bull turns through there has been a strong short term retrace so the best strategy might be to let the turn happen and spot the initial retrace turn.  In these agri type commodities getting in on such a range extremes turn has to be the way to play it.  I will be tracking this one with interest for a while but it will require some time still to mature I think. 
    • I last posts around 2-3 weeks ago on this thread and I have seen Litecoin go down towards the lower $70's. It is currently trading at $76-77 at the time of writing this post.  Litecoin's chart looks pretty ugly. It is currently trading below its 20, 50, 100 and 200 DMA's which is very bearish.  Only really Bitcoin (significantly) and Bitcoin Cash are trading above their 200 DMA's on the 'daily.  Litecoin will need some very bullish news or a big move from Altcoins / Bitcoin otherwise it could easily fall down into the 60's.  After the halving event, it seems, Litecoin has been heavily sold. This capital may now shift to Bitcoin. That is my suspicion and assumption and the price action will confirm this. I will be interested to see if the divergence between Bitcoin and Litecoin increases.