Sign in to follow this  
triscwk

MT4 Chart errors

Question

Some of my charts in MT4 do not load properly like those below. Does anybody have any solution to resolve this? This has been bothering me for 2 weeks now! I've tried going on demo accounts, deleting and reloading the MT4 again and again but nothing worked! Thanks in advance.

Untitled3.jpg

6 answers to this question

Hi ,  that is odd, a couple of things, firstly see the same chart as per my feed below as to how it should have been presented, but more importantly can you go back and edit out your personal live account id number in your post, yes it is only your user name but it is still the first tier security level and to give it away means a hacker only needs to concentrate on your password.

So, your chart for GBPUSD should look like this, not only is the spike bar missing but many other differences suggest the feed is some how corrupted. Look back to 'Tools' > 'Options' and check the feed is IG Live.

serv2.PNGserv1.PNG

Hi Caseynotes,

Thanks very much for the advice! I did the steps as you recommended but it still didn't work. 

I then contacted the Help Desk and managed to have it sorted out. 

If I may share, I realised that as I'm from Singapore, I will have to trade on the markets ending with '.s' (Eg. EURUSD.s). So I followed the steps given and wohoo finally got the undistorted charts back up.  

These are the steps: Click on View on your MT4 platform and select 'Symbols > C-Forex-SG/C-Metals-SG/C-Indices-SG'.  Click on the chart(s) required, then click Close. Go to Market Watch or Create a new chart on your MT4 platform to load the chart(s). 

Hope this helps others as well in future. 

Thanks once again!

Hi there, I would like to ask how can I get the MT4 desktop version working. I have attached a picture and as it only shoes "waiting for update". At the bottom right corner, the status bar is working properly. I am pretty sure the account is set to live and my login details is correct. 

Can anyone suggest what likely is the problem? 

Screenshot (1).png

Probably not the problem

but if having both a CFD and a SB account and switch between these on mt4

then you have to update the symbollist each time because its different quotes

Also on MT4 you need to close and restart it after downloading and activating, don't know why. Similar to when after you have downloaded a new indicator you need to close and restart MT4 before the indicator will show up in the indicators list.