AUS tax file number question

robbob777

Question

1 answer to this question

On 14/03/2018 at 20:52, robbob777 said:

Can someone please tell me why i need to provide a TFN to trade aus shares but not US shares? im new to IG.

If i click on the little blue pen icon it asks for my TFN? Is this a one off because im new?

Hi @robbob777,
It is a one off proces, you will need to enter you TFN for AUS shares. For US shares you will need to complete a W-8BEN form :W8BEN.PNG

All the best - Arvin

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    KMAC22
    Joined 18/05/22 00:01
    • The outlook on gold is cautiously bullish while crude oil probes resistance at $114 and London wheat pauses below its £361 all-time high.   Commodities Petroleum Wheat Gold Brent Crude European Union   Gold stages a minor recovery rally Gold’s slip from its mid-April high at $1,998 has taken it all the way to yesterday’s low at $1,787 before it formed a Hammer on the daily candlestick chart and recovered towards the 200-day simple moving average (SMA) at $1,837 which is about to be reached. Next up the early May low can be spotted at $1,851 and the April-to-May downtrend line at $1,855 which may well cap again, however. Yesterday’s low was made right within the late December-to-January lows at $1,790 to $1,781 which unsurprisingly offered support. Failure at $1,781 would engage the December low at $1,754. While the late April high at $1,919 caps, the recent downtrend remains intact. Further up meanders the 55-day SMA at $1,923. Source: ProRealTime Brent crude oil flirts with $114 April high as traders eye EU ban The price of Brent crude oil continues to be underpinned by robust global demand as traders closely watch developments around a proposed EU ban on Russian oil which would tighten global supply further. Yesterday the European Union (EU) failed to pressure Hungary to lift its veto of a proposed oil embargo on Russia but despite this the price of Brent crude oil has risen four days in a row. It is being pushed towards its $114.00 April peak, a rise and daily chart close above which would lead to the late March high at $120.48 being next in line. If the price of oil were to struggle around the $114 mark, however, and slip back, the breached March-to-April downtrend line at $110.05 and also the 55-day SMA at $108.38 would be back in the frame. For now the bulls seem to be firmly in charge, though. Source: ProRealTime London wheat prices are briefly coming off their all-time highs Yesterday November 2022 London Wheat futures traded at their highest ever level of £361 per tonne after India announced on Saturday that it was closing its doors on wheat exports to cool local prices and ensure its supplies as a scorching heatwave curtailed output. This comes on the back of adverse crop conditions in Europe and the US on top of the war in Ukraine and has pushed the price of London wheat up by over 50% since the Russian invasion of Ukraine. The November 2022 contract has come off yesterday’s all-time high at £361 and closed a price gap from last week whilst remaining within its steep one-month uptrend channel. The lower channel line at £337 is likely to act as interim support, together with the 9 May high at £333. A rise above the £361 high seen yesterday may lead to the minor psychological 400 mark being targeted. Source: ProRealTime Axel Rudolph | Market Analyst, London 17 May 2022
    • Hi @rotarymotor, The Trade analytics feature is in a Beta stage, the development team is adding functions and it is only available to CFD accounts.  I will raise your feedback to add this tool for share trading and ISA accounts. I haven't heard about a time frame at this point. All the best - Arvin 
    • Are you mixing up platform annual charge with the ongoing charge within a specific fund?  I thought IWEB charged one off £100 when you open account, then there is no annual  platform charge   If you mean the fund ongoing charge eg this is from  VOF on  harg lansdown platform - the 1.84% is taken directly from the VOF fund itself (almost behind the scenes , so you don't see it!) so its not taken from you account cash as such...