How To Access Live Chat

Guest TheBigKangaroo

Question

Guest TheBigKangaroo

Hello again.  This may be an answer to my previous concerns.  I sometimes see "LIVE CHAT appear but I dont need it.  When I do need it, I can not for the life of work out how to start it.  Surely there is a menu option to initiate LIVE CHAT!?  Are you able to tell me how I can get live chat and I will channel as many questions through here as I can to give you a bit of "fre time" from me.

Warm Regards

darren

20 answers to this question

Guest TheBigKangaroo

Great thanks .  Now there is just one more thing...can you give me a tip for a trade so I can make...say...$1 million in a day?  .. ok ... if is takes 2 days, I will let you off.  Big cheers to you..

kind regards

darren

Guest TheBigKangaroo

Good Morning (well here it is anyway)

I am trying to get more organised with my questions

1. The chat does not come on no matter how long I wait.  I was in the LIVE platform and the DEMO one to see if that helped

2. It says I can set up different TIME ZONEs on a chart.  How can I do this.  Will this show me the time zone for the trades I am holding

3.  In the “spot” drop down, USD/CHF mini is an option.  What does this mean

4.  When I place a trade, if all is going well and I am watching it, can I increase the LIMIT on the “fly” or do I need to open a new trade

and 5.  I had a problem placing a trade and I used WINDOWs SNIPPING tool to copy it but I cant then copy it onto here for you to have a look at.  Can you please tell me how to do this as I see you do it quite a bit.

and that, my new pen pal friend...or should I say "unpaid technical consultant" is it.  I can only thank you so many times so I will add one more here...THANKYOU

darren

Hi , Good morning. I don't think you can access live chat through the platform at all so it's a case of opening a new browser page and finding the IG homepage as if you were not logged on at all.

https://www.ig.com/uk/welcome-page

After you have opened the snipping tool and framed the pic then click on the save icon and choose a folder in your pictures library to place it. So when you have started a post, click on the photo icon and then go to the folder with the saved pic, click 'open' then 'done' and it will be added to your post.

The mini refers to a mini lot/contract size available on CFD accounts and so instead of playing at £1 per point minimum it might be £0.20 per point minimum. A good place to start as the risk is lower but then so is the reward.

Yes you can change the limit and should be able to do that on the chart, the entry, stop and limit should appear as lines on the chart and you can change the stop and limit by click and drag to the new position. 

To my knowledge only on prorealtime can the time zone be changed, if you could snip a pic to show me where it says you can would be helpful.

pic1.PNG

Guest TheBigKangaroo

Great 

All answered perfectly thank you. Dont worry about the time zones "thing", I am "suckin in" so much information ATM, I doubt I could tell what I was looking at 3 minutes ago. The advice on the Live Chat will limit a lot of my questions and your time which you have been ever so generous with.

Have a great day

Guest PandaFace

Yeh I’d stick to the forum. You can generally get a quick answer or it’s already been answered (on their help portal as well) so just have a search. :) here to help to.

Guest Ikus

Hi I want to open a live Australian Account and transfer to start trading, I have opened a live account, but get directed to the EU site again, what can I do to close EU and open live AUS account?

Hi

I'm locked out and the password reset button is not sending emails to my emails address.  I have tried phoning and was not answered after an hour, twitter direct message (no reply) and I have emailed you - no reply.  How can I get in contact please?

Thanks

Guest raymond McSweeney

I want my son (we both have IG accounts) to have the facility on his computer, when logged in to IG, to have the ability to "Click" and "Switch" to a view of my log-in page.   I can do this in relation to him but can;t remember how I brought it about.   I phoned in  qand an advisor went on about power of attorney and all sorts of things.   I am certain that this was not how I brought about the "Switch" in relation to my son's axcount...   Can you help me.   ????  P L E A S E 

Ray McSweeney.   Acc. ME 108

On 14/05/2019 at 16:31, Guest Ikus said:

Hi I want to open a live Australian Account and transfer to start trading, I have opened a live account, but get directed to the EU site again, what can I do to close EU and open live AUS account?

Hi ,
To close your account on EU website please send an email  from your registered email address to helpdesk.uk@ig.com with your account details :
- Account ID
- Full name
- Date of birth
- And address

once closed you can open an account on https://www.ig.com/au/create-account.

All the best - Arvin

On 18/06/2020 at 04:07, Guest Oren Anker said:

Hello 

im looking for live chat support 

thx 

Hi,
Once you are on the welcome page, scroll down and back up, wait few seconds and the Live chat box will pop-up at the bottom right-hand corner as below:
image.png

Thanks - Arvin

On 09/07/2021 at 22:33, Guest raymond McSweeney said:

I want my son (we both have IG accounts) to have the facility on his computer, when logged in to IG, to have the ability to "Click" and "Switch" to a view of my log-in page.   I can do this in relation to him but can;t remember how I brought it about.   I phoned in  qand an advisor went on about power of attorney and all sorts of things.   I am certain that this was not how I brought about the "Switch" in relation to my son's axcount...   Can you help me.   ????  P L E A S E 

Ray McSweeney.   Acc. ME 108

Hi,
Each IG account are individual. The only way to switch from one account to another would be to have a power of attorney which is correct. Your will login to your account and your will be able to switch to your son's account without having to login on his account.

I hope that it helps.

All the best - Arvin