Sign in to follow this  
JamesIG

New "Go To" feature on the new web platform charts

There are a number of ways you can submit feedback to IG. There is a section in the new web trading platform, comments and suggestions on IG Community, tweets, emails, in phone conversations with our trading services reps, and a number of other methods such as feedback forms, one-on-one sessions, webinars and seminars etc. This continue client feedback has been instrumental in guiding our development with charts and the new trading platform. Some examples include;

1. Improved customisation on Pivot Points in April 2018
  2. Hide or change the color of the background grid in Feb 2018
  3. Indicator alerts in Oct 2017

The new 'Go To' feature

A feature which has been requested a number of times over the last few months is the ability to hone in on a specific date on a chart. With that said, I am very happy to inform you that the charts team just released a new “Go to” feature on the new web trading platform. 

What does it do?

This feature will allow users to search for a specific date (and time) on a chart in a few simple clicks. The charts will then automatically centre on the searched date/time requested by the user.

This feature can be found on the platform by clicking on the calendar icon shown in the top level menu and then by selecting “Go to” where a date can be specified. A date and time can be searched for if you are using a time interval smaller than a day (e.g. 1 hr).

Chart visual

ig charts go to feature.jpg

Additional visual on the dark theme 

2018-06-05 09_23_38-IG Trading Platform _ Spread Betting.png

Any feedback, suggestions, or other comments on this - just shout. 

Hey all

Since yesterday afternoon you are now able to see where on the charts is the candle/point in time that you searched for. This information showing the date/time will stay on the screen a few seconds before fading away.

This I believe makes the feature much more robust, useful and easy to use.

2018-05-03 09_20_44-[Charts] - New _Go To_ feature on NWTP has just been improved - 01_05_2018  - Me.png

How to get this platform? Sorry guys I am new to this.

Hi 

you should be able to access the new platform on the page after IG login, (not sure if it's available in all countries yet).

platf1.PNG

Great feature! Was such a ball ache scrolling back through the charts to get to a specific area you wanted to look at.

Please restore the opening and closing daily prices to the title bar alongside the H and L prices. Thx

wrote:

There are a number of ways you can submit feedback to IG. There is a section in the new web trading platform, comments and suggestions on IG Community, tweets, emails, in phone conversations with our trading services reps, and a number of other methods such as feedback forms, one-on-one sessions, webinars and seminars etc...

A feature which has been requested a number of times over the last few months is the ability to hone in on a specific date on a chart. With that said, I am very happy to inform you that the charts team just released a new “Go to” feature on the new web trading platform. 

What does it do?

This feature will allow users to search for a specific date (and time) on a chart in a few simple clicks. The charts will then automatically centre on the searched date/time requested by the user.

This feature can be found on the platform by clicking on the calendar icon shown in the top level menu and then by selecting “Go to” where a date can be specified. A date and time can be searched for if you are using a time interval smaller than a day (e.g. 1 hr).

Chart visual

ig charts go to feature.jpg

Any feedback, suggestions, or other comments on this - just shout. 

yes

Been noticing the charts have lost their precision are the bars have become thicker,(on mobile ap) Hope this is a temporary issue?

Not on my iPhone

iOS seems fine but what you on?

Anyone else?

wrote:

Been noticing the charts have lost their precision are the bars have become thicker,(on mobile ap) Hope this is a temporary issue?

Hi  - I don't believe we have had any other reports of this happening, but please let me know a few more specifics (and possibly a screenshot of what you're seeing). E.g. which charts are you looking at specifically (which asset), are you on Android or iOS?

Hi  I'm experiencing a similar problem via chrome on my laptop (across all assets) - IG helpdesk replied overnight saying they've had  others have notified IG of this - IT are working on this. tbh, the charts are pretty much unworkable at the moment

Thanks  for the screenshots. As you suggested there is a known issue on desktop/laptops caused by a Chrome bug which we are aware of. I just wanted to also let you know that I've spoken to the product owner of charts and he's confirmed that they are looking to release a fix today (or possibly tomorrow) if everything goes ok. 

In regards to the previous posts referencing fat candles on mobile, this doesn't seem to have been reported so please drop us a screenshot or email it to the helpdesk along with the above requested specifics and we can have a look into this. 

Hi  Are you able to confirm if IG are intending to resolve this today still or has this been pushed back?

Hey - I'll be spekaing to the product owner first thing once he is in and let you know. 

Just to confirm this fix has now been rolled out (for the 'fat candle' issue). You may have to log out and then back in again to resolve this on your individual machines. If you are still having issues please clear your cache and try again. Let me know. Cheers.

*NB: this only applies to your dealing platform. Public pages such as those found on the website (for example https://www.ig.com/uk/marketanalysis/ig-commodities/gold or other 'Market Data' pages) will not have a resolution on the charts for a couple more weeks due to the roll out nature of those pages.