Sign in to follow this  

New Ether / Bitcoin (USD) Available

Just in case people are not aware there is now a new trade available on IG to spread bet Crypto's. It is Ether / Bitcoin (USD).

Ether seems to be outperforming Bitcoin in terms of percentage daily returns over the past few days. 

Still only limited chart history on IG ETH/BTC, go to Tradingview for the bigger picture.

This top chart went through today which is relevant and interesting.

bit1.PNGbit2.PNG

I have to hand it to IG.

The timing in releasing the Ether / Bitcoin (USD) was excellent.

They could not have timed it any better and just at a time when there seems to signs of divergence where new recent lows have been made and the trend may be slowing and possible up-shoots begin to emerge.

Ether's price action seems to be more positive upwards over the past few days than Bitcoin's. It is only small at the moment but as the days and weeks pass it could get bigger which is where the Ether / Bitcoin (USD) becomes interesting. Also you can short this.

Great news. Spread isn’t tooooooo bad tho? 5/615 so roughly 0.8% and almost half the spread of Plus 500 who are at 9 points...

When did this go up? I missed it!!

Prob not intentional on the web based platform but it is a good reminder for mt4 users to regularly right click on the 'Market Watch' panel to click 'show all' to get any recent assets added to the mt4 platform.

Noted that though the 3 newbies to the crypto batch (eos, stellar and ... er? the other one) are listed on the info sheet for mt4 min bet size etc, do not actually have a chart available yet on mt4, no doubt in due course.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2018 at 1:33 PM, PandaFace said:

Oh turns out you just need to search for it rather than it being naturally discoverable in the list. Unsure if intentional @JamesIG

Thanks for the heads up on this one - I'll speak to the desk and either get this resolved or have an answer for you later. 

I use the IG app more or less every day and for me 'Bitcoin / Ether' has always been there under the Spread Betting account. 

Hey @PandaFace - The desk have had a look at a few things and this should now be resolved for anyone who didn't see this under the regular 'crypto' sub heading. :) thanks