Volatility derivatives settlement amounts

investCo007

Question

Hi all, 

Can someone please let me know the process around cash settlement on the "volatility index' which i presume is a proxy for the short months on VIX futures? (and do they expire and roll like other options/futures?

i guess this is explained somewhere but i could not find it and if someone could  point me in the right directtion i would appreciate it?

4 answers to this question

Hi - you can see expiry details on the deal ticket 'info' section as below. In this instance...

Settlement: Settles based on the Special Opening Quotation of the Volatility Index, as reported by CBOE +/- IG dealing spread.

Expiry date: 18/04/18

Last dealing date: 18/04/18 13:00

The roll / expiry will be dependant on your personal settings. Please check your settings in MyIG, or give our Sales Traders a call to check the position you have open specifically. 

2018-04-17 16_39_41-IG Trading Platform _ Spread Betting.png

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    Sgrowth
    Joined 28/10/21 16:29
    • Why is it that last week I was able to trade and make money on DWAC, but this week, now that IG know that it is a stock that if you play it right can make people money I cannot buy it? It seems that this week it is 'Too complex' for me to purchase!
    • Hi @JonathanRH Your request has been submitted.   All the best - MongiIG
    • Name of stock: Globalfoundries Inc Name of Stock Exchange: NASDAQ Leverage or Share dealing: Share dealing Ticker: GFS Country of stock: USA Market cap: 23.79B (est)