Sign in to follow this  

2FA causes me logon and password issues

Question

Hi 

I have successfully enabled 2FA using the IG app. However I was immediately unable to logon to ig.com from any device.

I did not make it as far as being asked for the codes. It simply rejects my password as incorrect. I even tried the codes instead of the password and that did not work.

I have reset the password and choose another one which I confirmed. Still no joy. I was on the phone to Customer Support (IT not available until Monday) and they kept deactivating my account after each failed 3 attempts. It was not a password problem I assure you.

Finally, I got fed up with 2FA and the Rep disabled it for me and my password worked straight away.

This is so frustrating. I am forced to stay out of improved security because the website for whatever reason suddenly developed amnesia and thinks my password I have been using all day is wrong. I even tried the autofill **** my browser saved the password but no. It is definitely a 2FA hiccup.

What do you suggest I do? 

Regards,

Abdul

3 answers to this question

Hi Abdul,

Unfortunately our 2FA solution is different to most other providers in that you don't get asked for your 6 digit code on a second screen.

Instead you have to put it on the end of your password e.g.:

If your password is 'Password9' and the 6 digit code is '123456' you would enter 'Password9123456' into password box.

Sorry that this was not obvious, we are hoping to improve this!

Cheers,

Will

Guest TLTRADER
On 23/04/2018 at 01:07, WillA said:

Hi Abdul,

Unfortunately our 2FA solution is different to most other providers in that you don't get asked for your 6 digit code on a second screen.

Instead you have to put it on the end of your password e.g.:

If your password is 'Password9' and the 6 digit code is '123456' you would enter 'Password9123456' into password box.

Sorry that this was not obvious, we are hoping to improve this!

Cheers,

Will

I tried this but no luck... funny thing is, the error message changes from "incorrect password" to "these details don't match our records please try again". It's definitely a system hiccup. I need this issue resolved too..

Guest John

hi,

thanks for posting this question, i am experiencing the same issue. Wrote to the helpdesk, might have to disable 2FA.