Sign in to follow this  

Bitcoin and Gold are Trading Inversely With One Another

It may be worth keeping an eye on how the price of Bitcoin and Gold are behaving at the same time. It seems that at this moment in time when Bitcoin is going upwards, Gold is going downwards. Especially over the last month. 

Have any other data on the supposed correlation between such assets? Feel this is more confirmation bias. 

Whats the logic inthis? 

15 minutes ago, PandaFace said:

Whats the logic inthis? 

Gold = safe haven

bitcoin = store of value which a lot of people are now saying seeing as it’s failed as a currency (so far)

Therefore if both safe haven when one rallies people shift allocation over? 

@PandaFace,

It is suggested that capital from Gold may be shifting into Bitcoin. I accept this will be very small at the moment so it will not have a massive impact on Gold prices but those small amounts will have larger price implications for Bitcoin.

Since Bitcoin’s inception based on hard data which has been the better store of value, Bitcoin or Gold? My answer is Bitcoin. Have a look at the returns of Bitcoin compared to Gold in this same time period. Even with several 80% drops for Bitcoin it still has been a better store of value than Gold since 2009!

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    SanthuDiya
    Joined 18/09/19 14:51
    • yes they will be on less charts but I understand your point about the size of the moves in ftse, no harm in trialing them though you might find marking out the immediate prior high and low has more relevance.  
    • Yeah, I keep an eye on volume, that's why it's showing at the bottom of my chart However, I haven't been able to discover a strong relation between volume spikes and trend direction. Sometimes I see orders of the magnitude of 10-20k and the chart doesn't do anything special. Other times you see just average volume and the chart does huge turnarounds. For example what happened at 8.30 with that spike down and then going straight back up and making new highs vs previous candle? All happened on low volume
    • @jameswalker1 my recommendation is trade the demo account to get a better understanding of the costs associated. I traded demo for nearly 2 years before placing my first real trade. It will save you in the long run to get a better understanding of the costs involved.