Sign in to follow this  

Professional Qualificaition

All,

Although the assessment criteria are absolutely correct for the requirements for a "Professional" account to section 3.5.3 paragraph 1 of the FCA code of conduct, the application process does not take into account subsequent paragraph 3 where it states that a client can request to be "elected" as a professional client.

It should also be noted that the Code of Business is not intended to protect the retail investor and clearly offers the retailer a way of "opting out" of these protections, the role of the broker is to undertake due diligence in assuring that the retailer is aware of the risks.

The effect of ESMA is that I am going to have to de-versify my portfolio and present my portfolio with a greater risk to meet the margin requirements (which is contrary to it's desired effect). If IG can leverage paragraph 3 requirements to accommodate long term and profitable clients, this would give IG a significant lead in the market place.

I don't wish to change my diversification strategy (I've been profitable for twelve straight years).

[MOD EDIT: please refrain from posting personal details as this goes against our terms of service] 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• #IGForexChat.png

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    chrisk
    Joined 20/10/18 14:56
  • Our picks

• China Growth Falls Below Expectations - EMEA Brief 19 Oct
      China recorded its slowest growth in a quarter for almost a decade. GDP growth year-on-year came in at 6.5% down from estimates of 6.6%, largely down to the continued trade war with the U.S. and high debt levels.
      • 0 replies
    • Legalisation results in Cannabis Stock Slip - EMEA Brief 18 Oct
      Cannabis stocks slipped after Canada’s legalisation. Aurora Cannabis Inc posting a 15% slide shortly after market opened yesterday. Popular ETFs ETFMG Alternative Harvest and Horizons Medical Marijuana Life Sciences also saw decreases
      • 0 replies
    • Brexit EU Summit - EMEA Brief 17 Oct
      The UK is back in focus today, with inflation data likely to build upon yesterday’s jobs numbers to build a picture of the pressures on the BoE. With average earnings on the rise, the predicted fall in inflation could actually provide a positive differential between wages and the cost of living, thus raising real wages. UK wages grow at their quickest pace in nearly 10 years. The level of pay rose by 3.1% from the three months prior to August and a fall of 47,000 to 1.36million in unemployment levels.The EU summit will shift the market mindset back to Brexit, with the EU having allowed Theresa May the opportunity to find a solution to break the deadlock.
      • 0 replies