Setting up IG Authentification

Decky66

Question

I have activated two step authorisation. Downloaded app to my phone including authentification app, and all ok.  I downloaded these same apps to my iPad but I can’t set up the authentification app.  It asks me to “Enter codes manually” or “Scan a QR code”. For the first option I need a serial number and an activation code.  I can get the serial number from the app on my phone but where do I get an activation code?  Or otherwise, where do I get a QR code.  Sort of wish I never activated two step authorisation now.

2 answers to this question

hello,

Once set up, 2FA drastically reduces the chance of unauthorised access to your account.

1. Download the 'IG Authentication' app

2. Activate two-factor authentication on your account

3. Enter the code with your password every time you log in

Get started
1. If you have an iPhone, iPad or Android device, download the ‘IG Authentication’ app from the relevant app store.

2. Open MyIG to the dealing platform and visit My Account > Settings > Two-factor Authentication.

3. Follow the instructions to activate 2FA on your account.

regards

jennifer

To turn two-factor authentication off:
  1. Go to your profile and tap (iPhone) or (Android) in the top right.
  2. Scroll down and tap Two-Factor Authentication.
  3. Tap Require Security Code to move to the off position.
  4. Then tap Turn Off at the bottom of the message that appears.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    K_Invest
    Joined 22/09/21 05:55
    • For more up to date news on how markets will open, the latest earnings and economic news, watch IGTV live in the platform at 07:30am UK. Today’s coverage:   Volatility down for a second day Indices: Europe expected up for 2nd day even as INDU & SPX lost ground Tuesday. Asia mostly higher despite positive Evergrande bond news BUT still facing possible default FX: Big event today the Fed rate decision at 7pm watching USD. BoJ rate announcement no change to expectations USDJPY tests 190.11 support Equities: Earnings today PZC. Last night FDX & ADBE both fell after numbers. NFLX said to be nearing deal to acquire Roald Dhal catalogue Commods: Mostly up after recent losses – awaiting USD direction from Fed announcement   https://community.ig.com/igtv/
    • Here's a quick update on the MIDD FTSE250 ETF trade I mentioned a few weeks back on page 5 of this thread - all the trade info is back there for trade entry details etc This one exited the other week for a 12R profit unleveraged on the original initial trade from the low You could have bought the breakout too!!!!!!! Its now come back to form option B shown on the original chart - Option C is STILL a possibility, but its showing signs of option B at the 50% Gann level AND at the old tops which often provide support Charts bullish still - Target here is previous swing high unless stopped out on trailing stop - stop is 10 pts which is 50% of the 20 period ATR +1 pt for good luck