Setting up IG Authentification

Decky66

Question

I have activated two step authorisation. Downloaded app to my phone including authentification app, and all ok.  I downloaded these same apps to my iPad but I can’t set up the authentification app.  It asks me to “Enter codes manually” or “Scan a QR code”. For the first option I need a serial number and an activation code.  I can get the serial number from the app on my phone but where do I get an activation code?  Or otherwise, where do I get a QR code.  Sort of wish I never activated two step authorisation now.

4 answers to this question

Guest jennifer

hello,

Once set up, 2FA drastically reduces the chance of unauthorised access to your account.

1. Download the 'IG Authentication' app

2. Activate two-factor authentication on your account

3. Enter the code with your password every time you log in

Get started
1. If you have an iPhone, iPad or Android device, download the ‘IG Authentication’ app from the relevant app store.

2. Open MyIG to the dealing platform and visit My Account > Settings > Two-factor Authentication.

3. Follow the instructions to activate 2FA on your account.

regards

jennifer

Guest Stewart852
To turn two-factor authentication off:
  1. Go to your profile and tap (iPhone) or (Android) in the top right.
  2. Scroll down and tap Two-Factor Authentication.
  3. Tap Require Security Code to move to the off position.
  4. Then tap Turn Off at the bottom of the message that appears.

My Instagram got hacked on Friday afternoon I tried everything possible to regain access but nothing seems to work I downloaded the two step Authenticator app because my Instagram needs a 6 digit code in order for me to log back in. The authenticator app is  now asking for a serial code but I am unable to even open my Instagram app to go to the settings to find that. My family members have informed me that my Instagram account is still up there but I am just unable to login to get back into it does anyone know anything to help me regain access? DESPERATE!!!

9 hours ago, Guest Keaira said:

My Instagram got hacked on Friday afternoon I tried everything possible to regain access but nothing seems to work I downloaded the two step Authenticator app because my Instagram needs a 6 digit code in order for me to log back in. The authenticator app is  now asking for a serial code but I am unable to even open my Instagram app to go to the settings to find that. My family members have informed me that my Instagram account is still up there but I am just unable to login to get back into it does anyone know anything to help me regain access? DESPERATE!!!

Hi Keaira,

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Instagram account.
Unfortunately, you contacted IG Trading platform.

Please reach out to the Instagram support.

All the best - Arvin