Transfer non-GBP balance from share dealing to ISA account

Guest randomwalk

Question

Guest randomwalk

I have a cash balance in USD in my share dealing account and would like to transfer it to my ISA account without doing the currency conversion / paying conversion fees. However, Payments > Transfer Funds page only shows my GBP cash as available for transfer.

Just checking if what I want to do is really not possible?

1 answer to this question

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• image.png

• Hi @Nate,  Unfortunately, purchasing Gold on IG isn't available, even if it's digital gold that you can buy, hold, and later sell for updated rates. However, with IG, you can trade Gold on our CFD and Spreadbet platforms using Leverage/Margin and capitalize on price differences. You have the option for spot trading or trading futures, holding positions as long as you have sufficient funds to cover your Margin. It's important to note that with spot trading, you'll incur daily interest fees for the leverage used, whereas futures trading doesn't involve additional interest fees as they are covered within our spread.  I agree that storing gold like Smaug isn't always ideal. You have to constantly worry about Dwarves, Elves, or even Hobbits! Jokes aside, you can research how to trade commodities on our platform with leverage and decide what suits you best. All the best, AshishIG
    • Hi, Placed £200 in a Gold Future deal but when it slightly goes down in value my leftover funds are being used and my equity is raised. Why are my leftover funds being used? Can I not just put everything in gold and keep a 100% equity in the deal? wont loose money unless I sell right? 
    • Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge Daily Chart Cardano/ U.S. dollar(ADAUSD) ADAUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Counter Trend Mode: Corrective Structure: Flat Position: Wave C Direction Next higher Degrees: wave (II) of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid level: Details: Wave II Is equal to 61.8% of Wave I at 0.358 Cardano/ U.S. dollar(ADAUSD)Trading Strategy: The second wave correction is likely to go down to test the 0.356 level before rising again in the third wave. Therefore, the overall picture is a short-term pullback to continue rising. Wait for the correction to complete to rejoin the trend. Cardano/ U.S. dollar(ADAUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating a Downtrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bearish Momentum. Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge H4 Chart, Cardano/ U.S. dollar(ADAUSD) LINKUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Follow Trend Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave 5 Direction Next higher Degrees: Wave ((C)) of Zigzag Wave Cancel invalid Level: 81.238 Details: The Five-Wave Decline of Wave ((C)) trend to test 11.582 Level Cardano/ U.S. dollar(ADAUSD)Trading Strategy: The second wave correction is likely to go down to test the 0.356 level before rising again in the third wave. Therefore, the overall picture is a short-term pullback to continue rising. Wait for the correction to complete to rejoin the trend. Cardano/ U.S. dollar(ADAUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating a Downtrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bearish Momentum. Technical Analyst : Kittiampon Somboonsod  Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!    
us