Rejected: invalid stop or limit

Guest Benjamin

Question

Guest Benjamin

When submitting /positions/otc version 2 POST requests, my positions are occasionally getting rejected with reason UNKNOWN. In the account past activity, I find that the result column lists "Rejected: invalid stop or limit". However, the requests I am submitting do not have a stop or limit. The parameters I provide (copied from my Python code) for my API request are as follows:

create_position(    epic=epic,    direction='SELL',    size=1,    currencyCode='GBP',    expiry=expiry,    forceOpen=True,    guaranteedStop=False,    dealReference=None,    level=bid,    limitDistance=None,    limitLevel=None,    orderType='LIMIT',    quoteId=None,    stopDistance=None,    stopLevel=None,    timeInForce='FILL_OR_KILL',    trailingStop=None,    trailingStopIncrement=None)

It would be extremely useful if someone would explain why some of the requests are being rejected, and how to avoid or deal with this.

Thank you.

2 answers to this question

Guest DanC

Hey Benjamin,

We can definitely look into these rejections for you. Would you be able to drop us a message at the following link, confirming the account you are using, an approximate time for the rejections and any deal reference or ID you may have.

http://labs.ig.com/contact

Thanks,
Dan

Archived