ESMA RULING AND WHAT I AM DOING

Guest Medusa123

5 minutes ago, LeoTrader said:

The ESMA regulations aren't legally a permanent change to legislation; they have to be reviewed and reimposed every three months if still deemed appropriate. I think they can keep them rolling for as long as they want though, so effectively permanent if they so choose.

"MiFIR gives ESMA the power to introduce temporary intervention measures on a three monthly basis. Before the end of the three months, ESMA will review the product intervention measures and consider the need to extend them for a further three months."

Source: www.esma.europa.eu

Thanks for the detailed reply.

There is hope after all then:)

But I doubt they will reverse what they have started, I suppose best we can hope for is a slackening of the leverage rules. 

Have to say though that the negative balance rule is a blessing for the retail trader.

2 hours ago, Sunny Days said:

Lets hope that after the 3 months "trial" the ESMA reduce the margins. Not holding my breath on this one.

29 minutes ago, JohnRoxton said:

Thanks for the detailed reply.

There is hope after all then:)

But I doubt they will reverse what they have started, I suppose best we can hope for is a slackening of the leverage rules. 

Have to say though that the negative balance rule is a blessing for the retail trader.

You're welcome.

I hope for the same too. Loosening their chokehold on retail traders by reducing the leverage restrictions a little is the best we can hope for, and there's plenty of room to do that and still 'justify' their existence (ESMA got these new powers in January and they obviously want to use them - just like a kid with a new water pistol).  

Edited by LeoTrader
Guest Medusa123

Re IC - I haven't place a trade yet but will do so soon - but I am still very impressed with them.  I did try IG Australia but their service was not too good so decided not to apply.  If anyone is interested I will let you know about how the actual trading goes.

3 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

Knowing the EU we should consider the flip side to the rolling 3 month trial is that it also gives ESMA the opportunity to see what loopholes and work arounds the brokers come up with and then close them down with amendments to their regulations.

That's a very good point. ESMA should also consider the fact that the harder they push, the more they encourage retail traders to trade outside their jurisdiction too.

• Thanks 1
Guest aswler
On 7/27/2018 at 9:32 AM, Medusa123 said:

I can't find the thread to post this entry on - it is the one started by James re ESMA

I have now opened an account with IC Markets which I will try out - they are a very young company but they do seem to be OK.    I value freedom and I refuse to bend down under ESMA's rulings so decided to 'walk' as this negates ESMA's power over me and what it is trying to do which is to make me a slave.   I do hope many others will not bow down to the Master Esma wants to be.

@Medusa123 I have also registered with them but find their trading platforms rather inferior: how are you staisfied with the ctrader? I miss the trading from charts functionality with direct display of the limits in the chart. Also the one-click trading does not allow you to specifically set the stop loss. When I open a chart I first have to maximise it to get my indicators displayed. Have I overseen anything or is your experience the same?

Ya'll know about these new knock outs right on the spread betting IG UK site and the fact you basically have a 1% margin requirement or 100:1 leverage? assuming stops are as close as possible which is 1% away from market.

So £77 odd quid to trade FTSE with a 77 point guaranteed stop. Tax free as spread betting.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well who saw that one coming. Kinda makes you wonder why they even say a time frame when they have the power to continually roll. I mean, I know there was no reason for them to revert (and that would NEVER have happened) but it does seem odd to me. Would be interested in the reasoning.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, scs1987 said:

Hi Guys,

I came across a provider called Alpari, they offer binary options and to UK clients. Has anyone used them and are the good?

Thanks

Keep away from Alpari if I were you. They seem to lurch from one financial crisis to another and several complaints about a dishonest platform. 

There is no need to go to fx brokers such as these, plenty of reliable and proven brokers out there. 

If you are particularly interested in binary options then that will make it a tad mote difficult for you.

• 9 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• image.png

• Australian shares hit new record highs as weaker-than-expected domestic inflation brought forward rate cut expectations while those in China and Hong Kong also advanced. In Europe and the U.S. stock indices also rallied with the DAX 40 and S&P 500 hitting new record highs despite hawkish comments by Fed member Waller who stated that the central bank is in "no rush" to cut rates. The U.S. dollar appreciated slightly with all eyes now on tomorrow's US PCE data release, the Fed's preferred inflation gauge, and Fed Chair Jerome Powell's speech at 7.30pm on Friday which may provide volatility in thinly traded markets due to the Easter break.  
    • The BASE blockchain is steadily making its moves to conquer the crypto scene upon the next bullrun. Since BASE was announced last year, we have not really seen much off of it this seems like a floodgate for more transactions on there. With the largest DEX on Optimism; Velodrome building one of its foremost AMMs I am pretty certain it will do immensely well. This Automated Market maker is called Aerodrome, it is filled with the inherent capacity to be BASE’s central liquidity hub, combining a powerful liquidity incentive engine, vote lock governance model and friendly experience. As a stack of Velodrome V2, it inherits some of its features.  As a people centric project, it incentivizes users who contribute to the protocol’s sustainable growth with about 100% of the protocol’s incentives and fees going to VeAERO voters. Interestingly, the project has a democratised setting, where voters who lock their AERO tokens convert them to a non fungible token called VeAERO that represents voting power. Consequently, the higher the lock period, the higher the voting weight.  Being launched at about August 28, 2023, It currently stands as one of the largest protocols on BASE with more than 30% of the market shares.  The price of the native token $AERO has surged exponentially over time peaking about 900%. With the BASE chain gaining more traction as it has been lately, this token is slated to do even better. With platforms like Bitget lending it some weight, it is safe to infer the token will serve as a major catalyst to its price as well. Along the listing, there is a deposit to earn rebate event where you could easily earn over 10% rebate.      
    • AAPL Elliott Wave Analysis Trading Lounge Daily Chart, 28 March 2024 Apple Inc., (AAPL) Daily Chart AAPL Elliott Wave Technical Analysis   FUNCTION: Trend MODE: Impulsive STRUCTURE: Motive   POSITION: Wave (5) DIRECTION: Upside in wave 3 of (5). DETAILS: We are looking at Apple being in a larger correction, differentiating from the rest of the major SPX components. We are exploring the possibility of a triangle in wave {b} of 2 or else we could also be in some sort of complex correction swill in wave 2.           AAPL Elliott Wave Analysis Trading Lounge 4H Chart, 28 March 2024 Apple Inc., (AAPL) 4H Chart AAPL Elliott Wave Technical Analysis   FUNCTION: Trend MODE: Impulsive STRUCTURE: Motive   POSITION: Wave {iii} of 3.   DIRECTION: Upside in wave {iii}. DETAILS: Here we explore the possibility of further upside into wave {iii} as there is a possibility for a five wave move into wave {i} and we are finding support on the middle of MG2 at 172$. Looking for continuation higher to give us additional confirmation.         Welcome to our AAPL Elliott Wave Analysis Trading Lounge, where we delve into Apple Inc. (AAPL) using Elliott Wave Technical Analysis. Let's uncover the market dynamics on the Daily Chart as of March 28, 2024. *AAPL Elliott Wave Technical Analysis – Daily Chart* Our analysis indicates a trending function characterized by impulsive mode and motive structure, positioned in Wave (5). The direction signals an upside momentum in wave 3 of (5). Apple appears to be undergoing a larger correction, setting it apart from other major SPX components. We're currently exploring the possibility of a triangle formation in wave {b} of 2, or alternatively, we could be experiencing a complex correction within wave 2. * AAPL Elliott Wave Technical Analysis – Daily Chart* Here, we also identify a trending function marked by impulsive mode and motive structure, positioned in Wave {iii} of 3. The direction indicates an upside trajectory in wave {iii}. Our analysis suggests the potential for further upside into wave {iii}, supported by the possibility of a five-wave move into wave {i}. We are currently finding support around the middle of MG2 at $172, anticipating continuation higher to provide additional confirmation. Technical Analyst : Alessio Barretta   Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!    
us