Opening multiple CFD accounts and trading the same shares

Guest sww

Question

Hello,

Does IG support a user opening multiple CFD accounts and trading the same shares / securities?

The motivation would be to get around the margin required for small cap stocks.

I see it is possible to create a new CFD account in My IG, though it is not clear why this is a useful feature if its not for the reason I'm asking about.

If it is possible, is this clearly documented somewhere in the terms of reference or otherwise?

Thank you in advance.

2 answers to this question

Guest PandaFace

I guess the main thing you need to ask yourself is ‘why are there margin tiers anyway’?

Those restrictions must be there for a reason so t would seem odd if IG let you ‘get around them’ by opening another acc. 

Second accounts are useful. I use them for different strategies, and when crypto came about, a different asset class to keep them truly divided. 

I'm sure someone will have an answer for you tho ✌

1 hour ago, PandaFace said:

I guess the main thing you need to ask yourself is ‘why are there margin tiers anyway’?

Those restrictions must be there for a reason so t would seem odd if IG let you ‘get around them’ by opening another acc. 

Second accounts are useful. I use them for different strategies, and when crypto came about, a different asset class to keep them truly divided. 

Mum sure someone will have an answer for you tho ✌?

Thanks for sharing use cases for multiple CFD accounts. That sounds reasonable. Will be interesting to hear the official response from IG too, though take your point.

Cheers

Archived