Sign in to follow this  

Bitcoin ETF + Positive Regulation - Only a matter of time

It seems to me that it is merely on a matter of time before we see Bitcoin ETF's. This coupled with announcements from the likes of India and US in relation to positive regulation could see Bitcoin skyrocket.

If Bitcoin can hit $20,000 without any institutional money then just imagine if Bitcoin ETF's are approved and there is positive regulation around the world then what this could do to the price of Bitcoin?

What do people think?

Crypto Really (Really) Wants a Bitcoin ETF

https://www.coindesk.com/crypto-really-really-wants-a-bitcoin-etf/

Both regulation and Bitcoin ETF is coming.

However I have invested in both Bitcoin and Ethereum using XBT Provider which is an ETF of sorts based in Sweden. The Bitcoin ETF shouts are coming more from the US as Sweden were far ahead on this one.

Remember when the FCA consultation had 14,000 replies from the public and something mad like98% were against their proposals but they still went thru... 

yeh - “feedback” and comments such as those listed in the article is more a phycological thing to let people think they’re having an impact. 

Interesting article but let’s be honest... it’s as useful as a peaceful protest

@PandaFace,

If a Bitcoin ETF is approved in the US then it would mean that investors would be able to invest in Bitcoin without having to deal with all the exchanges. 

There is an unconfirmed and I repeat unconfirmed report by the ICO Journal last week suggesting a Bitcoin ETC was likely to get approved. From memory the website reported two sources with one of them being at the SEC and the other being at the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). 

Apparently this decision is expected around 15th August 2018. If this happens and it is an if then I expect Bitcoin to clear $10k. 

It seems the rally in Bitcoin at the moment is in anticipation of the US approving a Bitcoin ETF. 

The smart money gets in early and well before the US makes a decision either way. As the price of Bitcoin goes up until the decision is made the smart money will come out with a profit as if the decision is that an ETF is not approved then they will simply close their long positions and then short Bitcoin. They will make money on the way up and on any way down.

@PandaFace, for something that was a bubble and was a fraud that was going to zero, Bitcoin, seems to be holding up rather well. Now it could still crash down to $5,000 levels.

This is Bitcoin which operates in the Cryptocurrency Universe which is as higher risk as they come from a trading perspective. 

A trading idea could be to go long Bitcoin and then short one of the other cryptos that is not going up as high (if they are all going up). The two that come to mind at Bitcoin Gold or Litecoin. Maybe even Ripple. Shorting Ether would be a risk at this stage and Bitcoin Cash may still have some legs. 

@cryptotrader, I am not sure what point you are trying to make but most who follow trend following principles will buy as the price is rising or short as the price is declining.

Thanks @Caseynotes. I am out of the country for a month hence limited responses and posts from me but I return back to the U.K. at the end of August and normal service will resume!

In my personal opinion a Bitcoin ETF will happen in the US. Have a look at XBT Provider which already provides Bitcoin and Ether trackers and is based in Sweden.

Edited by TrendFollower
  • Like 1

There is this big myth that there are no Bitcoin ETF's.

From what I understand US clients invest in Bitcoin ETF's via Sweeden's XBT Provider Bitcoin and Ether ETF's. They exist but just not listed in the US though I think that has changed or is about to change. I may be wrong so someone will need to check but I think foreign registered Bitcoin ETF's could be listing in the US.

Still no joy for a US listed Bitcoin ETF but it does not seem to be making much difference to the price action for Bitcoin. Imagine how the price will react when one does finally get approved!

SEC Again Delays Decision on Bitwise Bitcoin ETF Approval

https://www.coindesk.com/sec-again-delays-decision-on-bitwise-bitcoin-etf-approval

There is always the Bitcoin Investment Trust which is available to invest by UK investors using UK broker platforms. There is also the XBT Provider One products (based in Sweden) but available on certain UK broker platforms which I personally invest in. They are an Exchange Traded Product (ETP) and very similar (not the same) as an Bitcoin ETF. 

Japan to Provide G20 With Solution for Crypto Regulation

https://news.bitcoin.com/japan-g20-cryptocurrency-regulation/

France Adopts New Crypto Regulation

https://news.bitcoin.com/france-cryptocurrency-regulation/

This next bit is crucial to understanding where countries are in the adoption and acceptance of Bitcoin.

Legality of bitcoin by country or territory

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country_or_territory

Regulation is being adopted across the globe. Yes, it is slow and there are still some counties which have not embraced this yet. India is one of them who are missing out as other countries have an advantage over them in relation to creating a framework and environment for Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies. 

This is where in my opinion, India, are making a mistake. They will get left behind and it will too difficult for them to catch up or ever become a world leader in this area.

Reserve Bank of India Urged to Reconsider Banning Crypto From Regulatory Sandbox

https://cointelegraph.com/news/reserve-bank-of-india-urged-to-reconsider-banning-crypto-from-regulatory-sandbox

Due to the large population, increasing amount of educated middle class and higher middle class, India, can be a driving force for Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies going forwards.

Certain states within the US are very pro Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies and have embraced Blockchain technology. 

Taxing Cryptocurrencies could be perceived as a positive step towards legitimising and potentially regulating Cryptocurrencies.

IRS Says It Will ‘Soon’ Issue Crypto Tax Guidance in First Since 2014

https://www.coindesk.com/irs-says-it-will-soon-issue-crypto-tax-guidance-in-first-since-2014

Japan trying to push through new Crypto regulation. If reports are correct then Japan really has led the world and embraced Blockchain which is the technology underpinning Cryptocurrenices.

Japanese Parliament Moves New Crypto Regulations to the Upper House

https://cointelegraph.com/news/japanese-parliament-moves-new-crypto-regulations-to-the-upper-house