Sign in to follow this  

Which NEW crypto asset are you most interested in?

We want to know which crypto assets you are most interested in. Use the voting tool below to pick which of the seven you are most interested in (Question 1), and then any other crypto assets you are also interested in (Question 2). Please include your Q1 answer in your Q2 choices.

Votes will remain anonymous to others on the public trading forum, but they could help shape the future of IG. Polls will remain open until July 31st so make sure you cast your vote and share the page with others who you know are interested in crypto.

You will need to be logged in to vote.

Message added by JamesIG

Which NEW crypto asset are you most interested in?  

44 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. I am most interested in... (pick one)

• Dash
    • EOS
    • ETC
    • IOTA
    • Monero
    • NEO
    • Stellar
  2. 2. I am also interested in... (multiple choice)

• Dash
    • EOS
    • ETC
    • IOTA
    • Monero
    • NEO
    • Stellar

The briefest of brief overviews of the crypto assets above. 

Dash - An open source peer-to-peer cryptocurrency with a focus on instant transactions, and private, self governed organizational structure. This was actually a fork of the original bitcoin software.

EOS - previously a cryptocurrency token issued on the Ethereum network, EOS now has it's own mainnet and claims to operate as a smart contract platform "for the deployment of decentralized applications and a decentralized autonomous corporation."

ETC - known as Ethereum Classic, the ETC cryptocoin split from the more popular ethereum network after the DAO incident. 

IOTA - rather than a blockchain this coin promotes a web or 'tangle' of connections, and is aimed for use in the 'internet of things'. 

Monero - created in 2014 this coin focuses on decentralization and privacy. In the same way as bitcoin and other cryptos this coin uses a public ledger to record transactions and new units are created via mining. 

NEO - Aka the Chinese version of Ethereum and formerly referred to as 'ant shares'.

Stellar - Founded by Jed McCaleb (founder of Mt Gox and co-founder of Ripple) in 2014, Stellar aims to work as a payments network with a focus on non-profits and the developing world.  

• Great! 2

I really do hope that we see the likes of Stellar and IOTA soon on IG's cryptocurrency platform. This is a good idea. Asking the IG Community to advise IG which crypto asset they are most interested in. It makes sense as they are the foundation of the company as without them IG would not make money or profit. 

One of my biggest issues with IG was that if offered Ripple only after the mammoth, gigantic, crazy move upwards had more or less finished. Now that is fine as there was money to be on the short side. One could also use leverage on a spread bet and really maximise the fall in Ripple. If you see one of my previous posts then you will see that I had use another platform that offered Ripple. If IG want to be market leading then it is to act first before the competition and be proactive and lead the way.

IG need to have a offering where it offers the top 10 by market cap and then in the future maybe even the top 20. Now I know this is a long way away but crypto trading is really gaining some momentum. With the likes of RobinHood and Revolut offering cryptos, it is only a matter of time before this is being seen more and more.

Well done to IG for offering its clients the chance to influence which cryptos IG may offer on its platform next. It is very much appreciation and a shrewd but sensible move.

• Thanks 1
  • Great! 1

Guest trend trader

Very keen on this one. Think it's cheesy but the 'built by traders for traders' thing should be followed more and its good to get the vote of the people who are trading on ig

really surprised that Stellar is more than EOS because of it's market cap. What am I missing and why can someone above let me know or give an opinion.

cheers

phil

Phil, 

I may have done a post on Stellar / Ripple a while back but I cannot remember. Stellar is decentralised and its partnerships are impressive. 

https://www.stellar.org/

Some of the partnerships from memory are IBM, Deloittes, Stripe, ICICI Bank and Wipro.

Stellar a clear winner in Question 1, but EOS by a nose in Question 2. What does that tell us!

@JamesIG, you will see that I have already posted this yesterday evening on the IG Community. I am sharing important news quicker than IG itself!

LOL

?

• Like 1

I always wonder on this 'partnership' articles how much importance they actually have when it comes to the names. Obviously the ethereum foundation really benefited from those names in the EEA which caused a significant spike, but now I feel the media just jump on it without going into the details.

1. what does IBM actually plan to do?
  2. what is their investment? either monetary or dedicated resources?
  3. any roadmap on this one?

would be interested to hear peoples ideas.

Phil

Thank you to all who voted. Please see the results below... 

image.png

...and therefore 

image.png

Your feedback has a direct impact on the future of IG. 

Cheers
James

@JamesIG,

I am now back in the UK after a month away. First of all thank you. Investors and traders can now begin to start building a more diversified crypto portfolio.

Have IG thought of offering its clients an investment vehicle by which IG manages the crypto portfolio and the clients invest in it. IG could call it the IG Crypto Fund.

It could have say 50% in Bitcoin and then 20% in Ether and the remaining 30% in alt coins. This is just an example but obviously it will be up to IG in terms of how the split and allocations work. After all it will need to deliver a strong and resilient annualised return for its clients.