Price delayed on charts

Question

Hi, 

Within the last hour, a box with a message appeared on my charts (new web platform) to say that the price on the chart was delayed and directed me to deal elsewhere (it disappeared before I could read it fully). It gave no explanation for the delay though.

I've never seen this before. Has anyone else experienced this and/or knows the reason for it?

Many thanks.

4 answers to this question

Hi @Trader126,  I suspect this may have something to do with IG suddenly being unable to give level 1 or derived prices and having to fall back on delayed prices, assuming you were looking at equity markets. I'm not sure why that would be, a sudden dramatic change in liquidity perhaps. (see screenshot and link)

https://www.ig.com/uk/pricing-execution

ig2.PNG.3a7f0b979c5551fd36b0abf81d5ac942.PNG

Hi @Caseynotes, thanks for your response. This was on a 5m EUR/USD chart (apologies, I should've included this in my original post).

Hmmm. ?

Hi @Trader126 I have seen something like that before on third party platforms when there has been a temporary disconnect from IG, very rare and only lasting a few seconds, but not to my recollection on the IG platform though could happen I suppose, presume back to normal now.

Maybe that's what it was then. As far as I was aware, my internet connection was okay and when I checked the IG status page (https://status.ig.com), all systems showed as operational. I've not seen the message since and my charts seem live today. If it happens again I'll update this thread.

• Thanks 1