Sign in to follow this  

IG Annual Report

Summary of IG's annual report with some interesting news on a upcoming but as yet undisclosed new range of CFD products post ESMA.

https://www.financemagnates.com/forex/brokers/us-expansion-and-offshore-clients-3-key-points-in-ig-groups-annual-report/

For those poor plebeians, unable to meet the requirements needed to reclassify as a professional, there is hope yet. IG Group will enable them to contract with their other entities, outside of the European Union, which aren’t subject to those pesky ESMA rules.

If they don’t want to leave the regulatory confines of the Old Continent, clients will also be able to trade in a range of new CFDs. IG Group did not reveal exactly what these CFDs will be in, only that they are going to be compliant with ESMA’s new regulations.

Edited by Caseynotes
  • Like 1

Nice spot, @Caseynotes. Thanks! Will be very interesting to see what the new CFDs are.

• Thanks 1

Didn’t the ban blanket ALL CFDs? Seems odd that they can just bring out a new one? 

CFD's aren't banned, binaries are and I thought all options were too but I see that's only for CFD accounts and not for Spread betting accounts, tis all a bit confusing.

ig6.PNG.405b3e0dd0f98114d5ced98c1e675d66.PNG

There have been many discussions but you would probably not be too surprised  @TrendFollower  that many aren't interested in risk management and expect to burn out their first 2 or 3 accounts before hitting the jackpot, after all that's how the instagram jockeys did it, so they claim. 

It's interesting how little separates  SB and CFD and easy to see why esma just clumps them together as one and after all IG were the ones to launch many of these products which is why I am intrigued as to what IG have up their sleeve. Having had the time to pull apart the new regulations I'm wondering if they have come up with some original new products that might lessen the esma sting. 

9 hours ago, cate said:

Nice spot, @Caseynotes. Thanks! Will be very interesting to see what the new CFDs are.

Hope its something like this?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kodiak said:

Hope its something like this?

So very similar to an etf? 

Actually that’s quite funny. You can get 5x ETF’s which is a margin rate of 20% equivalent ... 

esma is less lev than that

CMC results out yesterday - looking alright as all statements generally are, however market down initially but climbing back.. Notice they have also opened crypto to retail now as well.

https://www.cmcmarkets.com/group/results/annual-reports

PDF here https://www.cmcmarkets.com/group/assets/pdf/CMC_AnnualReport_2018.pdf

Edited by cryptotrader