New GBP/USD margin

cate

Question

Hi @JamesIG,

I'm just finishing preparing my account for the new margin requirements, and making sure I've got enough in the account to cover my open orders. Can I ask about GBP/USD? 

Ever since Brexit uncertainty started it's had a higher margin requirement. So today a mini lot requires £100 to open it (which the info tab tells me is 1%, unlike the 0.5% on other major pairs). After the weekend will it just go to 3.33% like the other majors, or will it continue to have that extra margin on top because it's risky? At the moment I'm assuming the requirement will go from £100 to roughly £333 - is that correct?

Many thanks,

Cate

5 answers to this question

Guest avijet_2012

@Ludwik Chodzko-Zajko IG

Hi Ludwik, 

How will the new margin required be displayed along with the old margin requirements ? Currently, I am looking at the top of the trading screen at the Equity Used (%). Is that the correct place to be looking at ?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    GJA
    Joined 08/12/23 00:37
    • Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge Daily Chart, 8 December 23, Theta Token/ U.S. dollar(THETAUSD) THETAUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Counter trend Mode: Corrective Structure: Flat Position: Wave (2) Direction Next higher Degrees: wave ((2)) of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid Level: Details: Retracement of wave ((2)) usually .50 or .618 x Length wave ((1)) Theta Token/ U.S. dollar(THETAUSD)Trading Strategy : Overall, Theta Token is still in an uptrend but is undergoing a correction in Wave 2, which we expect to be a flat correction. We are still missing one more move in the downside direction of Wave C. There is a trend. Support area 0.801. Theta Token/ U.S. dollar(THETAUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating an Uptrend, Wave Oscillators a Bullish Momentum. TradingLounge Analyst: Kittiampon Somboonsod, CEWA Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!         Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge 4H Chart, 8 December 23, Theta Token/ U.S. dollar(THETAUSD) THETAUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Counter trend Mode: Corrective Structure: Flat Position: Wave (2) Direction Next higher Degrees: wave ((2)) of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid Level: Details: Retracement of wave ((2)) usually .50 or .618 x Length wave ((1)) Theta Token/ U.S. dollar(THETAUSD)Trading Strategy : Overall, Theta Token is still in an uptrend but is undergoing a correction in Wave 2, which we expect to be a flat correction. We are still missing one more move in the downside direction of Wave C. There is a trend. Support area 0.801. Theta Token/ U.S. dollar(THETAUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating an Uptrend, Wave Oscillators a Bullish Momentum.    
    • It's really remarkable to see that few Exchanges are gearing up to making crypto trading a seamless one & I do love the competition among them. 
    • Very insightful for a crypto beginner as well as to old ones as a reminder. Swing trading is one of the strategy I do employ while trading on BG & has paid me in cash. It demands thorough research and a host of other things to aid your trades. 
us