HIDDEN AND ARBITARY PRT FEES BASED ON 4 MONTHLY TRADES

Please name me one company you've ever contracted with that feels it’s acceptable to make an arbitrary evaluation and use a hidden fee structure based on the "magical 4 trades" that then turns out - having myself taken 4 trades myself last month and been charged - not to be acceptable and you get charged? It's unprofessional.

I wouldn't mind the fees so much were it not for the constant never ending stream of tech problems using PRT (been on it for 2.5 years) and it's been noticeably worse since the "upgrade" to version v10.3.

Faults including but not limited to:

1) Flashing repeated messages of "do I want to save changes before closing this window" when I'm modifying an indicator's code. This flashes about 10+ times and then stops so I can actually hit save.

2) Greyed out auto trading assists: I'm getting greyed out rules in a system and so I have to delete the rules and then reimplement them to get it to work every single time I login for a fresh session and launch the system. Deleted the whole system and recreated it.. only to find the next day that the rules are greyed out and un-editable in simple assisted creation.

3) Indicators that fail to load below the main price chart in their own separate window and end up squashed at the bottom of the main price chart - very hit and miss as they will load correctly most of the time.

4) Closing out of running trading auto systems "due to a technical error." This happens all to frequently. 4 out of 5 systems stopped withing a bout a week since a 20th July launch.

5) Occasional missing results page on backtesting a system or drawdown figure. etc etc..

PRT cited some other tech issues I had, on my last computer - a Macbook  Pro 17" now that I have a new Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar with 16gb of memory and a 3.1ghz chip and with no other faults on any other single piece of software I use, are they still going to pass it off as user error whilst charging me for the privilege?

Because PRT can't replicate the faults doesn't mean I imagined them or they didn't occur. The least they could do is actually acknowledging the problems exists and own the problem. Having said all this, what is the point of creating an otherwise amazing platform with all the bells and whistles on, if you have to spend half your time investigating issues and writing support tickets and have little confidence that systems won't be stopped due to tech glitches?

Wondering now if I should've stuck with The TurtleTrader Curtis Faith's Trading Blox s/ware..

Edited by SkyTrader
spelling

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    KareemKashkush
    Joined 30/01/23 17:29
    • @MongiIG How long does it take to reply to a simple question?
    • Look Ahead to 31/1/23: Big data from the US, China, Japan; PFE, XOM, AMD earnings Ahead of the Fed meeting and the key US jobs report, investors get set to digest retail sales numbers from Germany and Japan. Plus, look out for consumer-related data from China, France, and the US. Earnings see Pfizer (PFE), Exxon Mobil (XOM) and Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) hand in their Q4 report cards.   Angeline Ong | Presenter, Analyst and Content Editor, London | Publication date: Monday 30 January 2023        
    • Crude declines make little difference for FTSE oil & gas producers, with the long-term view remaining bullish for energy Source: Bloomberg   Commodities Petroleum Petroleum industry Brent Crude Gas Market trend  Joshua Mahony | Senior Market Analyst, London | Publication date: Monday 30 January 2023  Crude declines see Brent lose 34% Crude oil has suffered substantial losses over the course of the past year, with brent currently trading 34% below the March 2022 peak of $131.51. This decline represents grounds for optimism on the inflation-front, with headline CPI sliding lower across Europe and the US. However, traders continue to wonder whether this move will represent the top for the market or simply a temporary pullback within a long-term uptrend. Key considerations for the bulls include the re-emergence of Chinese economic activity as Covid restrictions are withdrawn, set against the risk of declining demand as recessionary pressures take hold. Looking at the monthly Brent crude chart below, we can see that this current month looks to be closing out in a doji candle, marking a second consecutive month of indecision. Meanwhile, the stochastic oscillator appears to be tightening, signalling the potential for a bullish shift in momentum before too long. With price currently trading around the 76.4% Fibonacci support level, the bulls will hope that the long-term uptrend will soon kick back into play. Source: ProRealTime SPR back down to multi-decade lows Another aspect to consider comes from the US, who have been drawing down their strategic petroleum reserve in a bid to support prices as OPEC restrict output. That decline in reserves can only last so long, with current levels back down to the lowest point since 1983. Recent comments have signalled that the US could move to instead seek to top-up their reserves around the $70 mark. Could a shift from supplier to consumer help tip sentiment back in favour of the bulls? FTSE oil & gas producers outperform One interesting area of outperformance has been the relative strength of oil producing stocks despite this decline in crude prices. Thus far, we have largely seen producers continue their ascent, with the volatility in oil and gas prices doing little to stifle sentiment. However, the chart below highlights how the FTSE 350 oil & gas producers sector essentially provides a more stable play on energy prices, with the stocks largely reflecting the underlying trend without necessarily seeing the same major swings that can occur for crude. The pullback we have seen in Brent (blue line) thus brings the total gains over the past two-years down to the area seen for FTSE 350 producers. For now, the uptrend remains in play for the sector, thus highlighting the belief that this recent pullback in energy prices serves to reflect a reversion back into the mean uptrend. With that in mind, the weakness seen in energy prices, and consolidation in FTSE oil & gas stocks, is deemed a potential precursor to another move higher to continue the long-term uptrend. Source: ProRealTime