New: Knock-outs

I have been self studying Financial Technical analysis for a while now. I have made some trades before the new EMSA regulations kicked in. Once the regulations were in effect, it had stopped me from continuing. I was even going to take a couple of courses to improve on my knowledge and skill at the London Academy of Trading. Then return to trading. I traded the real account in order to help me better learn to control my emotions, as real losses equalled real emotions. My losses where not losses, but investments in learning. Learning to control my emotions and much more. I also used the demo account to learn how to use tools and to figure out strategies to use. I came back to the demo and noticed this new product, which has brought back my love of wanting to learn to trade. It enables me to continue taking risks that would in return teach me something by allowing me to control my margins. Win or lose, I am getting something out of it. I have now enrolled in London Academy of Trading, as this new products gives me hope that I can now enter this industry and grow to a point that the EMSA's new regulations would not effect me as it did. So, I thank IG for coming up with such a wonderful innovative product.

I plan to come back to trading after my course and was wondering, within the next few months, would we see more assets assigned to knockout and will we be able to use tools such as Trailing Stop?

Really missing the option to use "order to open"

(Limit orders entry and stoporder entry)

18 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Really missing the option to use "order to open"

(Limit orders entry and stoporder entry)

I suppose it can have something to do with the predefined knock-out level?

But why not have a knock-out level based on percent on whatever level the trade opens?

Posted (edited)

Maybe something like this?

If price is 11 566 and i want a stop order entry if price reach 11 600 

Then i type in 11 600 and also how many points (or minimum) i want to the knock-out level (and maybe a limit and a stop)

Then if i want to move the order (to open) on the chart to 11 590 then the knock-out level moves also 10 points

DAX KO 2.png

Edited by Kodiak

Good luck!

What I'm interested in is the detailed reasons for why IG will find this impossible.  That may remove at least some of the opacity from this instrument.

I can give a example when order to open would be useful

Say i have sold some puts (or calls) on dax,dow and i want to hedge if price reach a certain level

Knock-out no longer available to place orders: 

Closing only: Market unavailable to open

18 hours ago, mbb1983 said:

Knock-out no longer available to place orders: 

Closing only: Market unavailable to open

Yes, this came up last week, the query didn't get a response but it appears that KO's are being laid to rest, or KO'd if you will.

• Great! 1

Hi all - when it comes to spread betting we have found that only a handful of clients are using the product. We have therefore taken the decision to stop offering this on spread betting.

Open positions are currently due to expire on the 01-Aug-2019, at which point any positions will be settled and we will not be listing new contracts for spread betting. 

All clients who actually use this product should have been contacted.