MT4 demo spikes

Question

Hi I use MT4 demo charts, I found recently that the indices US30 & FTSE are displaying "false"wild swings in the evenings, this does not happen on live charts...Why is this so misleading?...I have attached charts below!

Demo US30.JPG

FTSE.JPG

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

HI @Ozee, yes these spikes are occurring on demo on the US session close bar and look to be the same as was reported on the web based platform in the 'Price spike 15 minutes in post-close' thread earlier in the week. Thanks for pointing out the problem is on MT4 as well,  cc to @WillA . 

Copied from a similar thread about same issue:

Our Pricing Team are still investigating this as the initial solution tried did not work unfortunately.

I hope to have an update this week, sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Will

It occurs on the web-trader platform too, across the SP500.

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    cntiaw
    Joined 11/11/19 23:06
    • https://www.wsj.com/articles/frackers-prepare-to-pull-back-exacerbating-a-slowdown-in-u-s-oil-growth-11573478550
    • https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=MJ5utsDHP1U&feature=emb_logo
    • It seems Natural Gas is moving towards the 2500 price area. This seems more likely than 3000 price area at this moment in time. However, Nat Gas, is one of the kings of volatility and it can sharply spike upwards on a moment of severe weather being forecasted which leads to more usage of heating and decreases the humongous supply glut in the US.