Guaranteed Stop Premium

This thread contains an account type known as "Limited Risk". Due to regulatory changes this account type no longer applies for European countries. If you have any questions relating to this, or wish to continue the discussion, please start a new thread. 

Message added by JamesIG

Hello All, 

I will be on a limited risk account (seems like a sensible place to start for a n00b like myself).

I understand that you pay a premium for guaranteed stops and that's fine by me.

Usually this is expressed in a premium per point (which I understand) however sometimes it's expressed as a percentage eg 0.3%

What I don't know is what this is a percentage of; is it of the total size of the trade or the money borrowed??

Eg Long something at £10 per point with a guaranteed stop at 10 points gives £100 risk is the stop then 0.3% * £100 = 30p cause that seems kind of small given I might pay 3pts for a stop on something else (£30).

Or is it 0.3% of the total size of the money borrowed? Eg Long something at £10 per point which has 1000 base points gives £10,000 borrowed and thus £30 fee for the stop?

Second example seems more likely but any wisdom will be kindly received.

Cheers Angri

Hi @Angribob, when the premium is in:

- points - of the bet size (eg. 3pts premium is 3  X £10 per point = £30)

- percentage - of the bet size X price (eg. 0.3% premium is 0.3% X £ 10 per point X £ 1000 price = £30)

Also please note that the premium is paid only if the stop is triggered

I hope this helps.