Guaranteed Stop Premium

Guest Angribob
Message added by JamesIG

This thread contains an account type known as "Limited Risk". Due to regulatory changes this account type no longer applies for European countries. If you have any questions relating to this, or wish to continue the discussion, please start a new thread. 

Guest Angribob

Hello All, 

I will be on a limited risk account (seems like a sensible place to start for a n00b like myself).

I understand that you pay a premium for guaranteed stops and that's fine by me.

Usually this is expressed in a premium per point (which I understand) however sometimes it's expressed as a percentage eg 0.3%

What I don't know is what this is a percentage of; is it of the total size of the trade or the money borrowed??

Eg Long something at £10 per point with a guaranteed stop at 10 points gives £100 risk is the stop then 0.3% * £100 = 30p cause that seems kind of small given I might pay 3pts for a stop on something else (£30).

Or is it 0.3% of the total size of the money borrowed? Eg Long something at £10 per point which has 1000 base points gives £10,000 borrowed and thus £30 fee for the stop?

Second example seems more likely but any wisdom will be kindly received.

Cheers Angri

Guest NadelinaIG

Hi @Angribob, when the premium is in:

- points - of the bet size (eg. 3pts premium is 3  X £10 per point = £30)

- percentage - of the bet size X price (eg. 0.3% premium is 0.3% X £ 10 per point X £ 1000 price = £30)

Also please note that the premium is paid only if the stop is triggered

I hope this helps. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• image.png

• In the decentralized future, collaboration is key. Builders shaping the next wave of gaming, entertainment, finance, and community spaces require blockchain infrastructure that's scalable, cost-effective, and adaptable. They seek an ecosystem where creativity thrives, and support is abundant. This is where SAGA comes in. With its recent listing on Bitget exchange, its native token is gaining significant traction, signaling growing interest in SAGA's mission to empower Web3 builders.
    • The cryptocurrency industry has undergone substantial growth in recent years, largely fueled by centralized exchanges. However, with this growth comes a responsibility to adhere to regulatory standards. Recent revelations have cast a shadow over BingX, a prominent cryptocurrency exchange, as it has been found to be facilitating transactions for Iranian users in defiance of US sanctions. This blatant disregard for regulatory prohibitions, which are in place to combat terrorist financing and illicit arms procurement through crypto channels, raises serious ethical questions. The decision by BingX to engage with Iranian clients despite the associated risks and legal constraints has sparked concerns about the judgement of its management team. Of particular concern is the lax enforcement of Know Your Customer (KYC) verification, allowing users to withdraw significant sums without proper identity authentication. Inevitably, regulatory bodies such as the DOJ and SEC will seek explanations from BingX regarding these breaches. The repercussions of such inquiries are likely to be severe, with users already expressing alarm and initiating mass withdrawals. Beyond regulatory scrutiny, BingX's actions threaten its reputation and long-term viability. By flouting US sanctions and disregarding regulatory compliance, the exchange risks damaging its integrity and credibility. As BingX navigates this ethical quagmire, the extent of the fallout remains uncertain. What are your thoughts on the potential implications of these breaches for the exchange? Source: https://cointelegraph.com/news/bingx-exchange-iran-sanctions-evasion      
    • Current Bitcoin Price USD $67,710.6 GBP £54,355.5 Euro €63,529.5  
us