Musk is causing nearly as much controversy as Trump with his tweets, they are also just as revealing if you read between the lines, this one perhaps?

tes1.PNG.92c4c5018345fb8a37dd35ab5d4417be.PNG

first we had the Elon and Tesla fan boys and now we have the equally boring and cultish Tesla haters. #Yawn. Like this article... of COURSE if someone takes a baseball bat to a car it's gonna **** it up. hardly a shock.

also just read this article https://www.teslarati.com/model-s-owner-endures-insurance-woes-repairs/ and the whole thing is about how Tesla is apparently ****, then relatively near the bottom it goes "All in all, I recognize that it was Ameriprise (insurance company) that caused me the headaches here and wasted a lot of my time."

it also comes down to supply and demand. "In Chicago, there’s only one certified body shop in the metro area."

The point is that time and time again Muck uses twitter to convey a theme which is not always truthful and a lot can be read from them, as the recent short seller gaming  story proved.

Just another day for Tesla; shares down another  7% pre-market,  2 executive resignations and the CEO is smoking legal cannabis and talking about how we are living in a computer simulation on a podcast, while being investigated by SEC. LOL.

??

Guest ironman

**** Musk on the mary jane is something everyone should be applauding. He is literally iron man - does not give a flying monkey. Joe Rogan is a ledge but i can also see why stock has tanked on the back of it. Shows how branding is important. Shame really as i recon Musk is laughing on the back of this and gives more reason for why the desire to go private was legit. 

It is absolute gold and he is undoubtedly laughing on the back of it. 

Here's a link to the actual broadcasted  interview (2 and a half hours) which is informative, insightful and entertaining in itself.

• Like 1

I’m sure you could create an algorithm which scours the internet and checks out the sentiment of a persons name if they’re a prominent celeb ceo Vs the stock price of their company. Would be interesting. 

• Like 1

@Caseynotes, $20m fine to Elon Musk who is I think is in the top 50 richest people on the planet, is the equivalent of a £20.00 fine to normal people.

I think he is worth around $19 Billion! People forget he was the Co-Founder of PayPal which he sold to eBay for around $1.5 Billion.

He also has other business interests like SpaceX and in the Artificial Intelligence (AI) area. Have you read the book on Elon Musk? A very interesting read. He is in an extremely creative individual but that has flip sides to his personality as well. I won't give too much away but worth a read if you are interested in Elon Musk and his background and story.

Quite right @TrendFollower, the fine is not a problem for him or the company, the biggy is being forced to step down and secondly there may well be a tidal wave of class action suits against him and the company now that he has, for all intents, admitted guilt.

Worth watching the IG video from 10th Sep (above) re; Citron research had already started a law suit against Musk and also raises the question would Tesla stocks actually go up on a Musk resignation.

Isn’t there some sort of rule where you can only be tried for something once tho? 

Also what’s the book name? I would think there’s loads of EM books.

It all happened so fast it never went to court, SEC only filed papers early this week, Musk capitulated immediately and settled out of court. Also I think that you can be sued any number of times by whoever has been disadvantaged by the wrong doing, hard to see what kind of defence Musk could put up having just settled though no doubt there is a non admission of guilt clause in the settlement. There are many likely to be queuing up behind Citron Research in what seems to be a deliberate attempt to manipulate the market. 

And LOL part of the settlement is that he must hand over control of his social media accounts to (a sensible adult).  

@PandaFace, two that I have read are as below:

• Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is Shaping our Future
  • Elon Musk: The Life, Lessons & Rules For Success

You are right there are several and some of the books I have not read may be far better than above. 

I suppose it is a personal opinion on which of his books you want to read or would prefer to read over others.

• Thanks 1

I'm trying to set up a stop order on TESLA stocks but I keep getting a message "Market not available online. The market you have requested is no longer available online." It's 05:47 a.m. in New York, the pre trading hours.

Why am I unable to place this order?

Many thanks.

44 minutes ago, ChickenFeed said:

I'm trying to set up a stop order on TESLA stocks but I keep getting a message "Market not available online. The market you have requested is no longer available online." It's 05:47 a.m. in New York, the pre trading hours.

Why am I unable to place this order?

Many thanks.

Hey @ChickenFeed - you should be able to submit from 12 midday (UK time) onwards. This will be in 30 minutes time from the date and time of replying to you. Hope this helps. 

Ha yes, just saw the chart. Referring back to the IG video further up the thread and the question that shares may well go up on a Musk resignation we have an answer. 

Brilliant guy and a brilliant thinker, great for ideas and startups but just a little too wayward to be the long-term guiding hand for a major auto company. 

Musk calls SEC the Shortsellers Enrichment Commission and tells us shortselling should be illegal.

Meanwhile ZH points out a minor change to the wording of previous production estimates.

em3.PNG.968b6c3404c4a79ed781f19159690f36.PNGem4.PNG.4db0d9da88dc3b8a77450c38bc78a884.PNGem5.PNG.51b6ebf03b98c103fcc63271762c73c6.PNGem6.PNG.ca57905dd4ffd9b837778cc623cda340.PNG

There's a chart you don't see every day, Tesla spikes down, gaps up, then fills the gap to retest the low.

Should make for an interesting US Monday open.

465208278_TeslaMotorsInc(AllSessions)_20181005_20_30.thumb.png.6b36219d78818d0c4b732e12eda24e75.png969815146_TeslaMotorsInc(AllSessions)_20181005_20_32.thumb.png.34e574f6861176534314bfe8e62d35f6.png

I thought you meant the car, which does seem to be popular with mostly good buyer reviews, just the poor production levels a problem. But yes, I see from your charts what you mean and yes, traders still consider this to be a cheap zone in which to buy and that may well prove to be the case again though repeated tests of supply or demand zones eventually exhaust the supply/demand so one never knows but can only watch carefully for an opportunity to catch a lift either up or down, don't care which. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    trader12438978
    Joined 16/02/19 11:11
  • Our picks

• Another blow to economic growth - EMEA Brief 15 Feb
      Weak retail figures in the US have spilled over to most major stock markets, with European stocks set to open lower this morning. The 1.2% decline in retail sales for the month of December, the biggest drop in almost ten years,  have brought new fears that we are facing a global economic slowdown. The DJIA closed 104 points lower at 25,439.39, the S&P 500 closed 7 points lower at 2,745.73, whilst the Nasdaq managed to close in the positive with a gain of 6.6 points at 7,426.96.
      • 0 replies