Python3 Automated Trading App

Guest ladidalimey66

I'm a Matlab based trader looking to automate a strategy on IG spreadbetting so would be interested in any developments! (I currently use Matlab with TWS).  Is Python any better supported?

Hi. Is IG Labs free? I'm planning to go into quantitative trading. Not really high-frequency auto-execution. But use more sexy quant models for determining the trend and mean reversion. Execution will still be manual as a start. So first thing's first is if I can get a feed of historical FX prices and maybe tick volume. How extensive is the data being offered by the IG API?

Thanks, TheGuru12, for sharing your code by the way. I haven't gone through it.

This is what you can get from IG:

Resolution Days
1 Sec 4
1 Min 40
2 Min 40
3 Min 40
5 Min 360
10 Min 360
15 Min 360
30 Min 360
1 Hour 360
2 Hour 360
3 Hour 360
4 Hour 360
1 Day 15 years

Then there are limits how much you can download per week and so on. I recommend saving data you downloaded so you slip downloading the same data again and again since this will fill your weekly allowance in a blink.

• 1 month later...
On 28/11/2018 at 12:35, jomni said:

Hi. Is IG Labs free? I'm planning to go into quantitative trading. Not really high-frequency auto-execution. But use more sexy quant models for determining the trend and mean reversion. Execution will still be manual as a start. So first thing's first is if I can get a feed of historical FX prices and maybe tick volume. How extensive is the data being offered by the IG API?

Thanks, TheGuru12, for sharing your code by the way. I haven't gone through it.

No problem, I have lots of code that I have played around with on Github. Some cool stuff.

Prices are free, Data is free. There are just limits to the API. I presume it's more to stop the load on IG systems or people ripping off the data but you can download it quite easily. 

Archived