Signals of commodities

Guest HansBaas

Question

Guest HansBaas

The signals of commodities are often not usable. The entry, stop and limit prices are to small. Spot Gold and Silver are giving question marks instead of these prices inside the demo account. Who knows what is wrong here?

Greetings Hans Baas

4 answers to this question

HI @HansBaas,  concerning the multiple of price (x100 ect) you don't need to worry about that, it is just a different notation like shorthand. US oil is in US dollars so 68.4 is $68.40 and for points on the IG charts it's 6840.0 but it's all meaning the same thing. If you are interested in the trade click 'add to workspace' for a better view of the chart and the signal information`, if you decide against taking the trade just delete the chart and move on to the next. If you wanted to take the trade and click 'copy order', it would have filled out the order ticket correctly.

Concerning the   ??  These signals are generated by computer based on chart patterns, if the pattern breaks down the ?? is saying wait, the pattern may reassert or just forget it. The Autochartist signals I think will just withdraw the signal if it's not triggered rather than put ?? 

Hope this has helped.

Hi @HansBaas,  I just had a look at gold signals, there are 2 for this morning, one at 4:10 am which has already surpassed it's entry point. The second at 6:45 am loaded no problem.

Could it be that you are trying to load too late and so getting question marks in the boxes?

Actually I've not looked at signals for a long time and had not noticed the 'copy order' function before, it auto loads the order ticket leaving you to set size and click 'place order', that's pretty cool really.

Guest HansBaas

Thank you for your replies:

It is now 17:52 MET.  It concers the PIA-first signals. In the live-account I see these commodities-signals:

Oil: the signal must be multiplied by 100

Silver: the signal must be multiplied by 100

Gold: the signal is good

Copper: the signal must be multiplied by 10000

In the demo-account:

Oil: the signal must be multiplied by 100

Silver: the signal is ??

Gold: the signal is ??

Copper: the signal must be multiplied by 10000

Greetings Hans

(I have attached two screenshots, Oil from live-account; Silver from demo-account)

Screenshot 2018-09-14 at 18.02.05.png

Screenshot 2018-09-14 at 18.01.19.png

Archived