Sign in to follow this  

Pro Real Time on iPhone? Is it possible?

Question

Guest Pete yeoman

Is IG pro real time able to work on any phone?

i currently have an iPhone so not able to get it on this but wandering does prt work on an android phone 

thanks 

9 answers to this question

Guest Ionic

Works on Windows phone pretty well, need nimble fingers though

On 25/09/2018 at 11:24, JamesIG said:

Unfortunately because PRT is JAVA based there are issues for mobile. See here for more information https://www.prorealtime.com/en/faq/mobile_solutions 

James,

Having a look on PRT website they off PRT on iPad/iPhone. I emailed them and they said its just IG haven't signed up to the mobile version.

With the advancement of mobile devices it is a bit of a miss for IG not to offer PRT on mobile when it is available. Please can you advise if IG will look into getting the PRT App so we can use it?

That or if you can improve the IG App where it offer teh PRT functionality, such as auto detecting patterns & trends for example.

Apologies @RichB-Trader - I misinterpreted the original question. Whilst PRT can't be launched in the browser window, they do have an app. Although PRT offer a mobile app we have no plans to offer it alongside our ProRealTime offering in the near future. This is based on our current development roadmap. 

We may to look to change this in the future, so thank you kindly for your feedback.

Hi,

That's a shame, so it means we cannot get PRT on an iPhone/iPad etc at all in the near future?

It would be so useful to be able to have this when you need to do trading away from the desk, or if the IG Native App can be improved.

Do you know if the development road map includes getting the standard IG app to auto plot support and resistance lines like PRT does? For me this is the main thing PRT does that is advantageous. 

3 minutes ago, RichB-Trader said:

Do you know if the development road map includes getting the standard IG app to auto plot support and resistance lines like PRT does? For me this is the main thing PRT does that is advantageous. 

the bold would be cool!

5 minutes ago, 247trader said:

the bold would be cool!

Thanks :) Also simple things like trailing stops and multiple scaled entries, as well as some more indicators like OBV or Chalkin Money Flow, PRT does all of these.

If I was IG I would develop the in house app ASAP, then they can cancel the subscription to PRT for IG and save some money. Then everybody could in effect have PRT functionality on all devices. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RichB-Trader said:

That's a shame, so it means we cannot get PRT on an iPhone/iPad etc at all in the near future?

hey - unfortunately this isn't roadmapped, but I shall pass this on to our chart teams as feedback items.