Sign in to follow this  

Spikes in Germany 30 MT4

Question

Practising a trade strategy on my DEMO account when a short position in the Germany 30 was stopped out with a 10,000 point spike !!!

Can some one from IG let me know that my position wojuld be re set should this happen. Clearly not a trading spike.

4 answers to this question

Hi all - I've just spoken to @TimP who is the product owner of MT4 and third party systems, and he has confirmed that this was an error isolated to MT4 which we are investigating. I believe this should have exclusively been on MT4. Please be assured that if this had happened on a live account we would have rolled back the trade and made any cash corrections where necessary. 

• Thanks 1

Just to point out a similar false mega spike has turned up on the CSI300 affecting all live charts 4 hr and over for the 23/03. I'm sure this wasn't present last week when I last looked at the chart. 

33 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

Just to point out a similar false mega spike has turned up on the CSI300 affecting all live charts 4 hr and over for the 23/03. I'm sure this wasn't present last week when I last looked at the chart. 

Thanks for this Casey - we have made the changes in LIVE however DEMO accounts may be a little longer and are likely going to have to wait until the scheduled sweep. 

thanks

• Thanks 1