Charts are so slow

Question

I've not used my account for some time and prior to reactivating it have spent some time today attempting to set up charts for a couple of different currency pairs by adding lines representing levels of support and resistance but found it soooo sloooow as to be virtually impossible. Is this the norm or was there a problem today?

This was on the normal charts not MT4 or PRT

Edited by Dexter
added in clarification of charts used

18 answers to this question

Hi @Dexter, no, the new platform charts are working fine, don't know how long since you have used the IG web based charts but the new platform is HTML5 so are very fast loading compared to the old platform.

image.png.e9e32de2dc9074ab4c4dfc150bbe3963.png

Edited by Caseynotes

Yes have to agree .... charts will not load since yesterday. I use chrome.

Hi @Dexter - please can you confirm if you are using the Classic or New Platform? You can verify which platform you are using if you're unsure via My IG (default is New Platform).

2018-09-19 09_10_04-My IG.png

Charts not loading as of this morning (19/9/18) on the old platform - were working until 10 pm yesterday when I logged off.     Tried

1. closing down browser (chrome) and restarted,

2. rebooting the pc, checked settings for javascript and flash in chrome (OK) and restarted.

3. Opened old platform in Chrome, MS Edge  and Firefox - still no charts in any of these browsers.

4. Moved to another desktop and retried above. Still no charts in old platform.

Last step seems to indicate you have an issue at your end??

Any ideas?

• Like 1

Hi @sp1123, just looked at my charts are opening on the old platform ok;

2 points.

click on the padlock icon in the url for IG site settings and make sure java and flash are 'allow' (not just 'ask') and then click 'reload page' on prompt banner.

and second, make sure both are latest update versions

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Caseynotes,

Thanks for that.  Great help.  Had java on allow but flash on ask.  Charts working again in Chrome.  Same for MS Edge.  Not so in Firefox.  Any ideas there?

• Like 1

My charts (old platform, free IG charts) won't load this morning either. And both Javascript and Flash are allowed, plus I've just installed the latest version of Flash in response to a message that appears from IG saying Flash not installed. 

On it. I'll escalate to @WillA - I can't see anything on internal coms between us, but he may have more info. 

• Like 1

Oh dear - have found the problem! Cleared the cache and the charts are back... Sorry for the fuss!

• Great! 1

@Dexter Your issue sounds like charts are being slow, is this old or new platform? If you are running lots of charts on a slower PC or internet this could be the cause.

@sp1123 Firefox: Menu icon in top right > Add-ons > Plugins > Set Shockwave Flash to Always Activate.

Hi  @JamesIG     I'm using the new default platform. I was using Firefox yesterday and I'm having the same problems today. I've cleared the cache but it makes no difference the charts are still unusable. FYI I have now downloaded Chromium and am having no problems at all with that browser.

Charts still not working on old and new platform. Have to use other software for charts inconvenient.  Why is this not urgent? I am not alone.

Still charts not working 21/9 , when can it be fixed?

Hi @PZ, if you look back through the thread you will see others with similar problems have resolved them, are you saying none of the above fixes have worked for you?

Why during all day chart are so slow and not enought whick to manage drectly order by grafic windows? is it only a mine problemensthank you.(On germany 30 and Wstrett..)

connectionprob.thumb.png.100a584b9963010f52cd8628c9b3e7d1.png