Opening a spread betting account.

Guest LukeKing

Question

Guest LukeKing

Hi all, 

I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a share dealing account with IG but I would like to add spread betting to my portfolio. 

I've had some trouble with this and hope someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks 

1 answer to this question

Hi @LukeKing - There is a variable eligibility for clients regarding a leverage CFD or spread betting (UK only) account. This is because it is a leveraged account where you are borrowing money to trade against, and therefore has additional considerations over a normal share dealing account. 

If you can open an account you should see the option down the right hand side of My IG https://www.ig.com/uk/myig/dashboard however if you don't see an option to add an account then you may need to give us a call so we can check your account. Unfortunately I can't look into this for you via Community because of the individual and sensitive nature of the subject matter. Over the phone however, we will be able to discuss account specifics. :) 

Archived