Sign in to follow this  

Daylight saving times - Changes to opening hours from 28 October

UK and European clocks go back one hour when Daylight Saving Time (DST) ends on Sunday 28 October. From this date until Sunday 4 November, the end of DST in the United States, there are a number of changes to our opening hours:

• US and Canadian markets will trade one hour earlier in UK time. For example, US and Canadian shares will be quoted between 1.30pm and 8pm
  • All forex markets will open at 9pm on Sunday 28 October and close at 9pm on Friday 2 November
  • 24-hour dealing on indices will open at 10pm on Sunday 28 October and close at 9pm on Friday 2 November
  • US shares (all sessions) will run from 8am to midnight Monday to Thursday, and from 8am to 9pm on Friday 2 November
  • Weekend trading on indices will open at the same time (4am Saturday), but will close one hour earlier (9.40pm Sunday)

The dealing desk will also close early at 9pm on Friday 2 November.

From Sunday 4 November, the above will revert to their usual hours.

Please also bear the following in mind:

Asian markets, which do not observe DST, will trade one hour earlier in UK time than previously. For example, Hong Kong shares will close at 8am.

Australian markets - Clients trading Australian markets should be aware that Australian clocks went forward by one hour earlier this month (two hours relative to UK clocks from 28 October).

Please note, all times listed here are UK time. We have tried to make this information as accurate as possible, but it is intended for guidance only and is subject to change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    besilviu
    Joined 20/09/19 22:04
    • Hi guys, I am wondering if you can help me calm my blood pressure. Just started learning how to trade and left a long position open by mistake today and did not manage to close - GBP/CAD. Is there any way to close it or minimise the risk of losing money. My account is not big at all but I am most worried about losing more and/or going on a negative balance.   Any suggestions?   Best regards!
    • @dmedin, I totally agree.  I want to see the so called experts on IG Community that know it all and have lots of knowledge, intelligence, wisdom and cannot be wrong 'people'  to prove this. They will not as they do not really want to help anyone on IG Community as they are selfish apart from sharing their posts, sharing links, sharing technical and complex information and everything BUT what people on IG Community are looking for. They then get defensive, abusive, rude and really turn the screw so that their real character comes out.  I am a bad trader. I have no knowledge. I have no experience. There you go. I am sure this will satisfy some on the IG Community. So those who do have knowledge, do have experience and think they are superior I would love them to response to @dmedin and demonstrate that they are profitable traders who consistently make profits year upon year and pay a lot of tax to their tax authorities as they obviously do not use the tax efficient advantage of spread betting. 
    • I would love to see anyone prove they were consistently profitable from trading over 12 months.  Such evidence is hard to come by.