Jump to content
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  

How do I find my HIN Number

Question

Guest Mat

I'm looking to transfer some of my investments to another broker which requires my Holding Identification Number  or HIN number. I'm seeing other replies to similar questions stating that IG does not provide this information. Who then does? How do I contact them?

Share this post


Link to post

7 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1
On 05/11/2018 at 09:12, Guest Glenda said:

Can you please advise where my HIN number is located?

Shares are recorded on the CHESS Sub-register when you are broker sponsored, and controlled by your broker who issues the client with a unique Holder Identification Number (HIN) which identifies the client’s holdings. If the client has shares held with different brokers, the client will then have more than one HIN. IG do not issue HINs, as we operate under the custodial model. The receiving broker only needs our PID (20018) to transfer stock.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
Guest Glenda

Can you please advise where my HIN number is located?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 09/11/2018 at 21:45, JamesIG said:

Shares are recorded on the CHESS Sub-register when you are broker sponsored, and controlled by your broker who issues the client with a unique Holder Identification Number (HIN) which identifies the client’s holdings. If the client has shares held with different brokers, the client will then have more than one HIN. IG do not issue HINs, as we operate under the custodial model. The receiving broker only needs our PID (20018) to transfer stock.

Hi there,

Does this mean there is no way to access the share holdings on the share registry?

Sometimes I login the share registry website to access some forms related to the shares i'm holding. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
Guest Rika
On 03/11/2018 at 12:19, Guest Mat said:

I'm looking to transfer some of my investments to another broker which requires my Holding Identification Number  or HIN number. I'm seeing other replies to similar questions stating that IG does not provide this information. Who then does? How do I contact them?

Hi, I am having the same problem. Did you ever find out how to access HIN numbers? thank you

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, Guest Rika said:

Hi, I am having the same problem. Did you ever find out how to access HIN numbers? thank you

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
3 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

 

Just realised I linked back to the same thread, more on HIN and SRN numbers in this thread;

 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Member Statistics

    • Total Topics
      12,496
    • Total Posts
      63,556
    • Total Members
      84,450
    Newest Member
    afshinAa
    Joined 28/09/20 03:56
  • Posts

    • Long Dax, Short NKY, Long EURJPY.  Stops beyond recent lows/high on 1 hour charts (see picture).  Betting on (temporary) reversal of recent divergence (Dax near lower end of range, NKY near upper end;  this divergence between major exporters performance in spite of weakened EURJPY does not seem sustainable.  Bet is simultaneously also on global markets breakout out of recent ranges in either direction.  JPY weakened previous weak (reversing) - may indicate that reallocation of Japanese investors' from global to domestic stocks (if any..), which could have contributed to relative NKY strength, may have peaked before (of course unless they were mostly FX-hedged).  Japan's Covid advantage may have played a major role as well in establishing the divergence, so have most likely BoJ ETF purchases.  The former should by now be "priced in" - unless Europe Covid situations worsens drastically (relative Dax overnight outperformance may confirm this).  Would expect BoJ to at least not cause itself a significant breakout of NKY to the upside, and instead keep some powder at these levels.  Timing probably not ideal after strong DAX overnight move, guess (some) retracement before/at cash open likely, however also risky to have a one-directional trade open until then, hence rather Dax stop relatively wide.  Rising EURJPY would be strong factor justifying further NKY outperformance - hence long to reduce risk.  Ideally trade should run for a bit, however review after US open (if not stopped out..).     
    • Is that a trick question..? I'm trying to have a broad picture.  And to consider (and develop an understanding of) as many influences on prices as I can.
×
×