Ema line not showing on 4hr

Question

Hi,

I use 4hr trading charts and 5 different ema's. On a 4hr chart however when i input a 400ema it doesn't show up.

For example image.thumb.png.59d0811094cd56991fc320c7324a7ded.png

But if I put in any other timed chart such as 2hr it works fine:

image.thumb.png.936b50756db4d93902a62560b821f5b0.png

Can this be looked into please as this seems to be happening on alot of FX and Commodity charts, solely on the 4hr

Many thanks

Kevin

3 answers to this question

Interesting spot @1kp1. the ema on the 4 hour chart tops out about 390 with limited back data. Interesting to see Natural Gas doing well, we were discussing the potential of this one a while back.

1875469870_NaturalGas_20181106_18_54.thumb.png.4f0bd72474056efdd2061d9bc80d695c.png

Hi @1kp1,

I have replicated the scenario on both my spread betting and CFD accounts both on Chrome and Internet Explorer and have not encountered the same problem. We have data going back to 2001 for Natural Gas so I doubt it is due to a lack of data points.

Maybe this is an issue that has been resolved since you posted it on Tuesday. Could you please check for me and let me know by tagging me using the @ symbol (or give us a call so we can help you in real time).

Regards,

Daniela

@DanielaIG seems like all sorted now and back to normal. 

Many thanks for looking into it though

Regards

Kevin

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    ricknguyen
    Joined 19/12/18 02:39
  • Our picks

• US Fed watch: APAC brief 19 Dec
      US Fed watch: The US Fed meeting has been kickstarted and the markets are shuffling around in anticipation. US equities at time of writing are putting in a mixed performance, though al major Wall Street indices remain trading below key technical levels. It comes following a day in which Asian and European markets sold-off in sympathy with Monday night’s rout in North American shares. A desire for safety has supported a bid in US Treasuries: they are higher across the board. Interest rates traders are also grinding away, pricing out point-by-point interest rates hikes from the Fed in 2019. The US Dollar has dipped as traders take safety in other haven currencies: the US Dollar Index is below 97, mostly courtesy of a play into the EUR and the Japanese Yen. The weaker greenback has provided a lift in gold prices, with the yellow metal trading just below support at $US1250 per ounce.

The Fed’s biggest critic: Everyone has an opinion on what the Fed ought to do, it seems. The most powerful voice of all, US President Donald Trump, has certainly weighed in on the subject, Tweeting: “I hope the people over at the Fed will read today’s Wall Street Journal Editorial before they make yet another mistake. Also, don’t let the market become any more illiquid than it already is. Stop with the 50 B’s. Feel the market, don’t just go by meaningless numbers. Good luck!” Never mind that President Trump’s policies, from major tax cuts and his trade war have contributed to the Fed’s invidious position. The President clearly is noting his concern about one of his hitherto favourite measures of personal success: the health of the US stock market. Whether rightly or wrongly, market participants, as contained within the price action in global markets, appear to agree with President Trump.
      • 0 replies
    • Indicator update: Customising RSI levels
      On the back of client feedback we now offer the possibility to customise the RSI levels on desktop and mobile devices. To do so, click on the RSI label once you have enable the indicator on your chart. This will open a dialog box that will allow you to change the levels (which are set at the default levels of 30/70), as well as customise the period and the colour of the lines.
      • 2 replies
    • FOMC - Wednesday 1900 GMT
      Trend of boring FOMC meetings likely ending tomorrow, expect significant USD and index moves through the rate decision. 25 bps rise expected but by no means certain, Trump already on the warpath.
      • 0 replies