Sign in to follow this  

Account Creation Japan

Question

Hey All

I would like to (at some point) open a live account but I am currently residing in Japan for the foreseeable future (with a short stint in the UK next summer). 

I would like to use my UK funds and bank account to trade, but wondering what are the legal implications (if any) of this if I was to trade while residing in Japan.

I do have addresses in the UK I can use but I am not currently living there of course. 

I am a UK citizen by the way.

Thanks in advance  

1 answer to this question

Hi @xr89,  from what I know I don't think you should have a problem, you will need to consider which base currency the account should be and which country to use as residence. Perhaps @JamesIG can add more or you could contact the different IG head offices, you may be able to choose between Australia or esma regulated UK. Take a look at the comparison page from the link.

https://www.ig.com/uk/compare-our-leveraged-trading

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    utrade
    Joined 21/10/19 10:18
    • // Definition of code parameters DEFPARAM CumulateOrders = False // Cumulating positions deactivated DEFPARAM FLATAFTER = 210000 // Prevents the system from creating new orders to enter the market or increase position size before the specified time noEntryBeforeTime = 080000 timeEnterBefore = time >= noEntryBeforeTime // Prevents the system from placing new orders to enter the market or increase position size after the specified time noEntryAfterTime = 160000 timeEnterAfter = time < noEntryAfterTime // Prevents the system from placing new orders on specified days of the week daysForbiddenEntry = OpenDayOfWeek = 6 OR OpenDayOfWeek = 0 size = (2000/400) + ROUND(STRATEGYPROFIT / 800) // Levels 0% and 100% if OpendayofWeek <> 1 then L0 = DLow(1) L100 = DHigh(1) elsif OpendayofWeek = 1 then L0 = DLow(2) L100 = DHigh(2) Endif GRAPHONPRICE L0 GRAPHONPRICE L0 + -23 COLOURED (200,0,0) GRAPHONPRICE L100 GRAPHONPRICE L100 - 7 COLOURED (200,0,0) // Conditions to enter long positions c1 = high crosses over L0 + -23 //c12 = close > L25-5 IF c1 AND timeEnterBefore AND timeEnterAfter AND not daysForbiddenEntry THEN BUY size PERPOINT AT MARKET SET TARGET PPROFIT 84 //SET STOP PLOSS SL ENDIF // Conditions to enter shortpositions c3 = low crosses under L100 - 7 //c32 = close < L75+5 IF c3 AND timeEnterBefore AND timeEnterAfter AND not daysForbiddenEntry THEN SELLSHORT size PERPOINT AT MARKET SET TARGET PPROFIT 70 //SET STOP PLOSS SL ENDIF  
    • Yeah, only tested on a 5min chart so far. It does about 177 trades in 1 year and a quarter, so less than 1 trade per day on average