Sign in to follow this  

Stellar and Ripple - 2019's Best Performing Cryptocurrencies

I think Stellar is performing remarkably well in the latest crypto correction.

I have attached the link below on the latest cryptocurrency market caps and as you can see Ripple has overtaken Ether and is now in 2nd place and Stellar is creeping upwards and is now in 5th place and is certainly trying to oust Bitcoin Cash which is in 4th place. Bitcoin Cash may have helped Stellar with the recent fork. 

https://coinmarketcap.com

I think in terms of partnerships and real life use cases Ripple and Stellar are leading the way and their price action based on the current charts seems better than the likes of Bitcoin and Ether. Stellar and Ripple are my tips for 2019. I think they both could be the best performing cryptocurrencies within the next 12 months.

This is only an assumption and it will be tested and proved either right or wrong based on the price action going forwards. 

Stellar is up 7.64% at the time of writing. I have included the chart below.

Stellar_20181116_16_45.thumb.png.1b336c797be9a9c80933b81482ce5ff3.png

Ripple is up 1.85% at the time of writing and I also include the chart below.

Ripple_20181116_16_46.thumb.png.edb45c0d718e1a56e78429599c201fe0.png

As you can see both charts look far more resilient since middle of September 2018 to date than the likes of Bitcoin, Ether, Litecoin and Bitcoin Cash.

Also the trades on Ripple and Stellar seem more favourable in terms of margin requirements especially when taking leverage into account.

Stellar is 4.4% and Ripple is up 5.5% at the time of writing this post. 

There seems to be a disconnect occurring between Stellar and Ripple compared to the other top market cap cryptocurrencies based on price action. 

I think if Ripple was to cross 58.00 and Stellar was to cross 28.00 then these two could become very interesting especially if trend followers and speculators decide to join the party. It could drive the price up for Ripple towards 100.00 and Stellar towards 50.00 in 2019. 

I thought this article which I have just come across is rather interesting.

XRP and Stellar (XLM) Continue To Thrive Amidst Market Turmoil

https://ethereumworldnews.com/xrp-and-stellar-xlm-thrive-amidst-market-turmoil/

In my opinion Stellar and Ripple are getting very interesting. Stellar is targeting the 'individual transactions' and Ripple are clearly targeting 'business transactions'. They both have different targets but if these can execute their strategies well then both their prices have upward potential. They seem to have the most momentum at this moment in time hence why their charts are looking more positive than Bitcoin, Ether, Litecoin and Bitcoin Cash. 

Is Stellar gearing up for another move upwards?

Stellar_20190316_22_02.png.2b5ce0d38de1281182d1919207b11447.png

Stellar_20190316_22_03.png.7d4cd9654d16fc21295e9e4d63421ece.png

Stellar could be potentially looking to break out and join Litecoin upwards. This coming week will be interesting.

Stellar is starting to create some very interesting price action.

Look at the volume (no. of green bars) supporting the price rise.

Now look at how the (green) curve for the 20 DMA is sloping upwards. This is a short term bullish indicator. However it is short term and a lot of them can reverse rather quickly. The key is to see the same sloping upwards for the 50 and 100 DMA's which are sloping sideways. They are not sloping downwards which again is a more positive sign for Stellar.

Now look at the Parabolic SAR and how it supports both the price action, volume and moving averages. 

This is Crypto and Stellar can easily come crashing down so this is an extremely high risk trade. 

Stellar seeing some positive price action now.

With the Coinbase Pro news traders are now looking at building positions on Stellar. There are several tokens that have gone onto make stellar gains after listing on Coinbase. Of course no guarantees that Stellar will do the same but it has nearly doubled in price from its  recent 52 week low. 

Right now both Litecoin and Bitcoin Cash are performing better than Stellar and Ripple. We have finished Q1 and the price action is there for all to see. 

There are still another 3Q's to go so it will be interesting to see which Cryptocurrency that IG offers on its platform is the best performing by the end of 2019. 

The returns are there on Cryptocurrencies if one puts any bias towards the sector and personal opinion to one side and just focus on price action. Forget whether it is junk or whether it will succeed or not to one side. If one just focuses on the price action then even with the poor spreads and margin requirements there is still money to be made on this asset class when they are trending upwards.

What is interesting about both Ripple and Stellar is that both are trading above its 20, 50 and 100 DMA's but neither of them are trading above its 200 DMA's. This means one of two things. Either there is going to be some serious catching up to do from Ripple and Stellar in the short term which could see staggering gains. Or they are weaker than the other Cryptos which are currently trading above their 200 DMA's which could indicate a weakness and possible bearish action. I do not know which but it is fascinating to monitor and see what happens. I shall include the charts for both to illustrate the point I have made.

Ripple_20190402_17_05.thumb.png.9c1230c406cde48a38fb13f7e532148b.png

Stellar_20190402_17_05.thumb.png.66cfb9ab4b2f77110c944fe73c3597d5.png

Stellar and Ripple are still not performing as strongly as the other Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin. This could be perceived as a positive as it means the fall in these two may be less when the mighty sell off arrives. 

On any other day - Ripple making 5% and Stellar making 8% in a day would be classed as a very good day indeed. However, when one compares to Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin then it looks pale in comparison. 

The one thing to remember with Ripple and Stellar is that their minimum bet size is £10 per point for Ripple and £25 per point for Stellar meaning though their gains in percentage terms are not as high, when you look at the £ per point and use of leverage then both of these would have resulted in exceptional gains. This is when one looks at the £ per point on each and the margin requirements. 

Both Ripple and Stellar are leading the way this morning. 

Ripple - Up over 9%

Stellar - Up over 11%

This is at 6:52 am.

Posted (edited)

Stellar is up 10% at the time of posting. If it's price is going to behave in line with the other alt coins then it has a potential chance to cross its 200 DMA which it has not done so. This would mean Stellar's price going up to around the $14.80 level.

Stellar_20190405_17_55.png.440876de3c7d4d21dc35a91e89407202.png

Now Ripple too is above 10% at the time of this post and it seems that both Ripple and Stellar are moving together in partnership and tandem. Now if the same potential move is applied to Ripple then it could also move to around the $37.18 level as it too is trading below its 200 DMA.

Both Ripple and Stellar seem to be heading in the direction of crossing their 200 DMA's. Whether they do or not on this leg upwards is the question that needs to be answered. If it does then it could attract further speculative capital to them both. 

Ripple_20190405_17_59.png.203f11de1d988513c7fa998cd4245c46.png

Edited by TrendFollower

Ripple and Stellar are certainly anything but the best performing Cryptocurrencies of 2019 as the title of my thread infers. 

It seems based on the first five months that Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin will all outperform Ripple and Stellar. Now there are still another seven months to go but so things could easily change. 

It seems both Ripple and Stellar are consolidating more strongly (especially Ripple) and their gains will be more slow and steady as the capital if shifting from them to the likes of Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, EOS, etc. 

Ripple and Stellar seem to be leading the race this morning with Ripple up 2.94% and Stellar 1.21% at the time of this post.

They both are still far behind the others but whilst the others are seeing 'red' they both are seeing 'blue' for now at least.

It seems both Ripple and Stellar have finally woke up and decided to enter the race to the moon!

Ripple is up over 15% and Stellar is up over 10% at around 5:30 am UK time.

Though Ripple has fallen back from earlier this morning, this article, may explain part of the reason for the price action. I am sure there are also other factors with one of them being just general buying in line with Crypto's going up but nevertheless an interesting development. 

XRP Tops Cryptocurrency Price Gains After Coinbase and ETN Rollout

https://cointelegraph.com/news/xrp-tops-cryptocurrency-price-gains-after-coinbase-and-etn-rollout

Stellar is up over 18% and seems to be taking over from Ripple's lead yesterday. Stellar could try and go for $16.00. 

I think Ripple will try and go for the $57.00 area. 

Price Action is KING

Well Ripple has smashed through its 200 DMA as the chart below shows.

Ripple_20190515_21_35.png.a5dfe775738e5fd2f61d6f55dfb9b564.png

Stellar on the other hand has just crossed it with less speed and less attack.

Stellar_20190515_21_35.png.4f3134a5e48181117ee2e833a24caa52.png

It seems Ripple is more on the front foot and is more aggressive in its upward move than Stellar right now.

I posted yesterday that I thought Stellar would go for $16.00 and today it hit $16.40.

It has fallen back since to around $13-$14 but I think when the dust settles $20.00 is on the cards for Stellar. IBM chose to partner with Stellar for a reason. It could have chosen Ripple and others but it chose Stellar. I think there is more upside to Stellar should this Crypto Bull Run continue from its commencement.

So far Ripple and Stellar are not the best performing Cryptos in 2019. These have been Litecoin and Bitcoin Cash along with Grandad Bitcoin of course. 

Both Ripple and Stellar are up 5% and 6% respectively at around 9:30 pm.