Can no longer buy shares as retails customer due to new rules!

ZD

Greetings.

In the past year I was buying "VelocityShare 3x Long Silver ETN" shares listed in the USA.

Then a few weeks ago I tried to buy some more, but found out that I could only close my position (sell shares) and was unable to buy anymore. I called IG and they told me this was because I was a retail client, and not a professional client, and the new regulations meant that I could not purchase said shares unless I was a professional client. 

My question is, where is the sense in applying new ESMA rules to Shares? In that, I am buying the shares out right, there is no leverage or borrowing? Or am I missing something? 

Thoughts/guidance welcome! 

Thanks in advance.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    Peter
    Joined 20/09/21 07:10
    • Wave 3 or C?   https://elliottwave-forecast.com/elliott-wave-theory/#wave-a-b-and-c
    • For more up to date news on how markets will open, the latest earnings and economic news, watch IGTV live in the platform at 07:30am UK. Today’s coverage:   Indices: Asia mkts down. HSI plunges led by ppty developers as Evergrande default looms. Europe expected to open down at 2mth lows. Dax expands by 10 today to become Dax 40 (Germany 40) Equities: LHA launches €2bln capital increase to payback German state bailout. Sunday Times says IAG not planning capital raise. Miners under pressure as China imposes more steel curbs FX: Big week for central banks with BoJ Fed & Boe on rates JPY USD GBP. DXY at 1mth high Commods: Base metals under pressure on China pricing implementation. Oil down as rig count hits April 2020 highs and USD rise.   https://community.ig.com/igtv/