Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Traders sentiments

Recommended Posts

@BRIGHTLIGHTFX,

You look just like a famous Bollywood actor!

May I ask what you intend to do with the information on IG traders sentiment?

This information could be more meaningful if you knew how many of these traders were successful and profitable on a consistent basis. 

In the example that @elle has kindly provided (above) how would you use such information to make an effective trading decision?

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, TrendFollower said:

@BRIGHTLIGHTFX,

You look just like a famous Bollywood actor!

May I ask what you intend to do with the information on IG traders sentiment?

This information could be more meaningful if you knew how many of these traders were successful and profitable on a consistent basis. 

In the example that @elle has kindly provided (above) how would you use such information to make an effective trading decision?

I am just trying to experiment some thing, I have my system this is just to learn some thing new.

Share this post


Link to post
On 03/12/2018 at 05:28, TrendFollower said:

@BRIGHTLIGHTFX,

You intend to trade with the sentiment or against the sentiment?

I can not seem to find the sentiments ? I am using the new  IG platfrom

Share this post


Link to post

@Trevbeats,

You have to go into a specific asset via IG's homepage using the search box. So for example if you put Gold and select the Spot Gold option, the following page comes.

https://www.ig.com/uk/marketanalysis/ig-commodities/gold

If you scroll down then you will see that IG's client sentiment is that 73% have long positions and 27% have short positions on Gold. This is obviously a snap shot at this particular moment in time. 

Share this post


Link to post

THanks for the info. I clicked on the link, and it seems to be flashing on  and off?

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Trevbeats said:

THanks for the info. I clicked on the link, and it seems to be flashing on  and off?

Hi Trev, you need to be logged in to get the full IG page.

DailyFX has recently updated their web pages so you can see a large selection here,

https://www.dailyfx.com/sentiment

Remember retail sentiment (positioning) is considered a contrarian indicator as opposed to the COT report which looks at professional market positioning.

Share this post


Link to post

Ok Thanks for that. I must admit im not keen on setiments? Not relible enough.  Whats you take on them CN

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Trevbeats said:

Ok Thanks for that. I must admit im not keen on setiments? Not relible enough.  Whats you take on them CN

I don't look at it routinely but occasionally out of interest. You can be sure that every time the US indices reach the highs the retail crowd will be very short because retail are very good at picking the tops (not).

image.png.dc5d24de5729405615ce2873839678db.png

Share this post


Link to post

Yes corelation is a good guide for this Thank you.

I am just looking at the chart you send me If the usd/chf is 61% short why does it say Bullish?

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Trevbeats said:

Yes corelation is a good guide for this Thank you.

I am just looking at the chart you send me If the usd/chf is 61% short why does it say Bullish?

 

contrarian indicator, if 74% of retail traders lose money and 61% of retail are short usdchf then best go long  🙂

Share this post


Link to post

So the clients is one thing ie sentiments: but the indicator saying bullish or bearish or even mixed means follow this advice?

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Trevbeats said:

So the clients is one thing ie sentiments: but the indicator saying bullish or bearish or even mixed means follow this advice?

yes, if retail are heavy short they are probably wrong so consider going long but it doesn't always work, sometimes retail get it right just as sometimes the professionals in the COT report get it wrong and have to turn and chase the market.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Member Statistics

    • Total Topics
      7,876
    • Total Posts
      41,738
    • Total Members
      51,997
    Newest Member
    Peakyblind
    Joined 14/12/19 07:53
  • Posts

    • Hi all, been up and running and watching from the side lines. Thanks for putting the list up early as I made my own list from the gap scanner from ideas but you seemed to have more plus alot of the tickers I could not trade on IG but jumped on TG Therapeutics at 973 and took some money from that. Then jumped back in at 1059 and she plummeted and my heart just sank. I managed to ride it back up to 1053 and got out with a small profit of £20. Should have put my stop in but am still learning to get out quick . I was so lucky it went back up. Thought I was going to be on a bad loss because I didn't get out early enough. I find that if you only gain a small amount each day its better that going hard at it and loosing.  Still got loads to learn. Anyway cant wait till monday.  Great content and look forward to next week. Have a great weekend.
    • Is it safe to come out now?
×
×