Sign in to follow this  

Ichimoku Trading - Different Timescales

I'm getting used to trading any FX or Indices using the daily charts and the Ichimoku indicator. Recently though, I started dipping into smaller time periods and I have a question for the community. I patiently wait for my setup in the 15 minute chart for example and when it arrives I put the deal on. When I check the 30 minute or hourly, my setup is not telling me to the pull the trigger. I move to the 5minute or 1minute to keep a closer eye on things and of course, these charts are ahead of me in terms of set up. My question is just how important is it to review higher time frames when trading lower time frames?

If you are trading on the 5 minute chart, does it really matter what the hourlys or daily looks like?

@Nelsy-Boy,

It all depends on what you have stated in your trading plan and what your trading strategy is.

The different time frames give you an ability to see different levels of detail. I tend to use 'daily charts' and zoom in and out as necessary. I will also use 4 hour charts and occasionally 1 hour charts. Lower time frames tend to show more detail when it comes to price action but it all depends on how you are trading. Are you a trader that enters a position and then exits within 5 mins to 30 mins? Are you a 'scalper'? Do you day trade? Are you a more longer time frame trader?

Many will offer you a different opinion but only you can decide what charts you need to monitor, analyse and act upon. 

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    Penn1806
    Joined 16/06/19 16:38
    • Bitcoin at 1:30 pm UK time is still holding up above $9k level which is good so far. It may not last and by tomorrow morning could be back below $9k or shooting up to $10k such is the unpredictability and volatility in Bitcoin. 
    • I wanted to just share the 'Monthly' Silver chart. I shall let you all draw your own conclusions and make your own predictions / assumptions.  Now have a look at the 'Weekly' chart below: For me one could argue that all the downside is played into Silver and any sight of significant bad new could lead to immense upside. It would be a 'Contrarian' type investment / trade but it would also be a 'buy and hope' investment and style. There is nothing wrong with that as long as one accepts that is what it may be. Right now time for some serious 'Flooding'. Apologies if you do not get a chance to this this post or my previous post on this thread due to severe 'Flooding'. The weather is bad in the UK. 😂
    • How is Iron Ore Commodities Interest Calculated with no futures markets?