Some simple and basic 'Fundamental Analysis'

So the US Federal Reserve has lowered interest rates again!

It has lowered interest rates for the 3rd time. It is sheer desperation and in my opinion they are running out of leeway should economic growth not begin to rise significantly as a result. 

Interest rates around the world at present are and remain at historic lows. There are some central banks and one of the biggest culprits is the European Central Bank which has resorted to negative interest rate policies. I mean this basically means that large banks will have to pay to keep cash on deposit with those banks. I mean that is ridiculous right! We are in ridiculous times when it comes to economic policy and especially monetary policy. This is why Cryptocurrencies are being looked at by several countries and central governments. There will be a race at some point for which major economy released its digital currency first. I mean there are several commercial banks in the Eurozone who are applying negative rates to larger deposits held in Euros. If the UK completes Brexit then it dilutes the Eurozone for me. That is my personal opinion but it makes the Eurozone weaker. 

I read somewhere (cannot remember where) that Sweden's Riksbank who were one of the first central banks to impose negative rates were reportedly planning to raise its key policy rate back to zero later this year. Of course this may not happen depending on how things pan out internationally. 

Unfortunately there is very little creativity or scope and as a result negative interest rates are what policymakers across the world are turning too as an easy tool in their monetary policy kit bag. However, this kit bag is getting old and needs replacing with a modern new kit bag fit for the modern times, modern economies and modern risks. 

So US indices have been climbing higher (albeit a red day today). Trump needs the US stock market to blossom in order for him to say that it is a lot higher since he became US President. 

So what happened to the wall he was going to build? This was one of the key pledges he was making during his election campaign. It is no different to Boris Johnson saying with confidence that the UK would leave the EU on 31st October 2019! There were even messages on the M1 (Motorway) in the UK inferring this. 

POLITICAL SPIN and Marketing Wizardry at its best. Trump has focussed the media attention on the US-China Trade War to deflect from his broken promise so far. 

Traders need to understand the fundamentals and how they work when it comes to politics and economics when trading not just US and UK indices but all major indices around the world. There were lots of stock market predictions being made about how it was going to see a big fall but this has not materialised. It may well do in 2020, I don't know, but never fight the trend until the bend at the end. Even then the bend can turn back again and continue which is what we have been witnessing with the US indices as politicians control the news flow, dictate the narrative and plot the course for stock markets.  

This morning IG have on their main webpage another story on how US-China trade deal turns sour. I mean it is getting as boring as Brexit now. 

Both US and China have milked this to 'death'. 

3 hours ago, TrendFollower said:

This morning IG have on their main webpage another story on how US-China trade deal turns sour. I mean it is getting as boring as Brexit now. 

Hey @TrendFollower, thanks for your message and I can see where you're coming from.

Where these two events have been ongoing for so long it's hard to determine if announcements will move markets. 

I will speak with the analysts regarding how much content we put on. I've tried to keep Brexit talk minimal on community but of course around the general election there will be something. 

Thanks again for the head up. If you have any ideas or anything you don't like let me know so I can try and change it :)

Any news that's important enough to move the market is automatically note worthy, it's easy enough for me to watch the news and can see exactly what has cause a sudden spike but there are many who can't so an explanation in a news roundup must be beneficial. Otherwise they are likely to be left with the misguided confidence that the market moves randomly or even worse is being dictated to by their technical analysis haha.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TrendFollower said:

As opposed to when I click on latest threads and I am bombarded with

Bitcoin - Price Behaviour

Bitcoin  Trendfollowing

Bitcoin  A technical view

Bitcoin cash

This coin trendfollowing

That coin trendfollowing

And its all the same content .Maybe @CharlotteIG can we merge them all into one so i dont have to scroll to death 

17 minutes ago, mark27 said:

As opposed to when I click on latest threads and I am bombarded with

Bitcoin - Price Behaviour

Bitcoin  Trendfollowing

Bitcoin  A technical view

Bitcoin cash

This coin trendfollowing

That coin trendfollowing

And its all the same content .Maybe @CharlotteIG can we merge them all into one so i dont have to scroll to death 

Hey @Mercury

I will look into going through the forums and potentially merging some. When discussing a topic you want to have relevant information in one place rather then digging for it. 

Thank you :)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CharlotteIG said:

I will look into going through the forums and potentially merging some. When discussing a topic you want to have relevant information in one place rather then digging for it. 

Err, that wasn't me.  I don't mind the streams of consciousness but then I don't read many of them.  I assume @mark27was having a dig.  Of course the answer to all of it is just don't read what you are not interested in.  I am against censorship, either via fiat or via drowning out alternative voices that challenge ones world view biases with backlash noise so I would respectfully suggest that you do nothing @CharlotteIG

1 minute ago, Mercury said:

Err, that wasn't me.  I don't mind the streams of consciousness but then I don't read many of them.  I assume @mark27was having a dig.  Of course the answer to all of it is just don't read what you are not interested in.  I am against censorship, either via fiat or via drowning out alternative voices that challenge ones world view biases with backlash noise so I would respectfully suggest that you do nothing @CharlotteIG

I do apologise, I didn't mean to @ you in but thank you for your input on this. 

I will contact the back end and maybe see if community members will be able to block out feeds they don't want. I will see what we I can do and report back to you guys. :) 

2 minutes ago, CharlotteIG said:

I will contact the back end and maybe see if community members will be able to block out feeds they don't want.

Oh! that would be great!

8 minutes ago, CharlotteIG said:

I do apologise, I didn't mean to @ you in but thank you for your input on this. 

I will contact the back end and maybe see if community members will be able to block out feeds they don't want. I will see what we I can do and report back to you guys. :) 

there is already the 'ignore users' content tab for anyone interested though those thinking the forum is a numbers game and flooding the activity list with repeated posts under different titles is actually less of a problem now than it once was.

image.thumb.png.a36023cb3c0146958fed74c72dc5a0ae.png

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Mercury said:

I don't read it but they all still appear even on ignore....shock horror the other forum spammer is against censorship,who would have thought it

@CharlotteIG,

Where in my post that you refer to have I suggested or stated that I have an issue with IG’s post? I think you have taken an inference that I did not intend. 

I did not have a problem with IG’s post this morning but was merely stating my own personal opinion. I think you have read more into it. 

I agree with @Mercury, if you don’t want to read someone’s threads or posts then don’t. It really is that simple. I mean several have chosen to read this thread and that is their personal choice. 

I put my views and opinions on this thread. If people don’t want to read them then they don’t.

4 minutes ago, mark27 said:

I don't read it but they all still appear even on ignore....shock horror the other forum spammer is against censorship,who would have thought it

I will try and get options that work for everybody. 

2 minutes ago, TrendFollower said:

@CharlotteIG,

Where in my post that you refer to have I suggested or stated that I have an issue with IG’s post? I think you have taken an inference that I did not intend. 

I did not have a problem with IG’s post this morning but was merely stating my own personal opinion. I think you have read more into it. 

I agree with @Mercury, if you don’t want to read someone’s threads or posts then don’t. It really is that simple. I mean several have chosen to read this thread and that is their personal choice. 

I put my views and opinions on this thread. If people don’t want to read them then they don’t.

Reading back I can see what you mean now. I do apologise for my misunderstanding. 

I think the community is a great place for everyone to share their ideas but as I said I can look into options to accommodate what everyone wants from community.  :) 

8 minutes ago, mark27 said:

@CharlotteIG, if you can get a solution to blocking threads that would be great but maybe you could also look into blocking content from individuals to help this guy out.  Let's face it if everyone stopped "spamming" (not what any of this actually is per the definition buy ok) there there would be zero content...

1 minute ago, Mercury said:

@CharlotteIG, if you can get a solution to blocking threads that would be great but maybe you could also look into blocking content from individuals to help this guy out.  Let's face it if everyone stopped "spamming" (not what any of this actually is per the definition buy ok) there there would be zero content...

Do you not have to draw a few thousand lines on a chart .Don't be worrying yourself about me

12 minutes ago, TrendFollower said:

@CharlotteIG,

When you put " another " in your post 

Ignoring a user allows you to block some or all of their content from showing. Users are not notified that you are ignoring them. You must make sure all four options are ticked when blocking someone. 

What I have noticed is it does not fully block their content, which I will look into getting fixed. 

I'm going to lock this thread. Please read over our IG Community Guidelines. I don't want anyone feeling uncomfortable sharing their ideas in community. 

• Like 1