Sign in to follow this  

Cryptocurrencies - Asset Class

I think Cryptocurrencies as an Asset Class has not only arrived but it is here to stay. My belief is that it is not going anywhere.

What I find quite remarkable though I have no data or evidence to support this assumption at this moment is as follows:

At a time when capital is leaving equities as shown by the price performance of indices around the world, Cryptocurrencies, begin rallying with double digit returns per day. An assumptive thought is that some of the capital (albeit small) is relocating itself to Cryptocurrencies. This is only an assumption which would need to be proven by evidence of 'hard data' showing this. 

Stablecoins, Digital Currencies, Cryptocurrencies and Tokens are all operating in this Crypto Universe and all have a different purpose within the Crypto Eco-System. 

I look forward to seeing how this asset class develops, changes, improves and performs in 2019. 

Right now I have think the trends on the Cryptocurrencies that IG offer on its platform are downwards. There still remains a strong downward bias and the recent rally has not changed my view on that.

I think what we have just witnessed is most likely a 'short covering rally'. I think we will continue to see downwards pressure and movement with the odd rally here and there. I think there will be another major leg downwards and I see Bitcoin hitting between $1k to $2k and this should be in my opinion the bottom of this huge retracement from the high. This move will 'weed out the rubbish' and then we should see the asset class really improve and kick on going forwards. 

I think this was necessary as there were too many companies built on 'hype' and 'thin air' set up and these needed to be removed from the eco-system.

Guest James Zicrov

Cryptocurrenices definitely have an edge over other forms of currencies but not everyone is fortunate and intelligent enough to understand insights about it and gain profits by transacting with it.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    galina2809
    Joined 23/01/19 05:15
  • Our picks

• The pull-back is here - APAC brief 23 Jan
      The pull-back is here: The pull-back markets were waiting for – the one we inevitably had to have – has arrived. It’s risk-off across financial markets and the optimism that drove global stocks off their December lows has subsided. Relatively speaking, it’s been a day of significant downside, but nothing yet to warrant tremendous fear. It should be common knowledge, but it bears repeating: proper validation that global equities have truly established a recovery ought to be judged not by the latest high, but by where markets form their next low. The retracement which is apparently upon market participants now hands a golden opportunity to judge this market for what it truly is – have the bulls reclaimed their dominance, or have the bears lulled them into a trap, and now stand poised to assert further downside?

The market’s rationale: A greater look at this subject and Wall Street’s price action later. In relation to the overnight sell-off, the rationale was as feeble as the one that got stocks to their recent peaks in the first place. It’s been chalked up to reduced positivity towards the trade-war, and renewed concerns about global growth. To begin with, very little data throughout the past week has provided a clear and substantial picture on economic growth. The boost in sentiment has come from geopolitical or monetary policy developments that was assumed to be supportive of the growth outlook – at some point in the future.  Some nice-noises made between the US and China in trade negotiations here, and a few dovish comments from a handful of US Fed speaker there, is what ignited the latest part of the risk-on rally.
      • 0 replies